HybridZ

1G DSM BOV?? How loud? :)

Guest tx84ae

Yes I did' date=' asking about sound levels of a particular BOV is technical.

If I had asked something like "what's the loudest BOV", then that wouldn't be techincal AT ALL. :roll:[/quote']

I agree with tx84ae Tim as he has a valid point about the technical content of the sound levels of a particular BOV. I have been working on a technical article describing the particular dB levels of BOV's and there effects on the resonance of the car chasis. Initial analysis reveals the the 1G BOV to have significant impact on the 4th harmonic resonance of the chasis. However, when I tested the Blitz Super Sound BOV it had no effect on the resonance of the car chasis. My only explanation at this time is that because the Blitz is so 'Super' it it the BOV of choice.

Now, tx84ae to answer your question. The 1G BOV sounds like this....Phssssssstttt. I know what you are thinking, that is not that loud, but when you compare it to the Blitz Super Sound BOV, Phsssssssssstttt, you can see the the 4 extra s's and that is quite a bit of difference. I hope I have answered your technical question thoroughly. :-D

The 1G BOV sounds like this....Phssssssstttt. I know what you are thinking, that is not that loud, but when you compare it to the Blitz Super Sound BOV, Phsssssssssstttt, you can see the the 4 extra s's and that is quite a bit of difference. I hope I have answered your technical question thoroughly. :-D

Yes, James - of course you are correct, however I would contend that only 2 s's are required to quell the 4th harmonic resonance (using the S = sqrt[harmonic] rule). Anything more than 2 s's is pure bling, and could even cause negative harmonic suspension oscillations, which are highly unstable.

Guest JAMIE T

Now that's good information! LOL :lol:

I'm no ricer by ANYONE'S defintion. But, I do like the sound of a BOV. I even like the sound when I'm roasting a 2nd gen Eclipse venting to atmo. while in my 6spd Z28.

I'm venting to atmo when the '73 goes together. Also, going to use a seperate WG dump.

A few weeks ago, we had ONE Sat. night WITHOUT rain. We went cruising around(My Z28, a DET swapped SE-R, B18C1 powered CRX) We fell upon a couple EVO's from out of town. They were badass. WG dump, BOV, very nice cars. I liked the noise.

call me a ricer all you want if it means i run a loud bov and a seperate wastegate dump, cause that how its gettin done. i dont even consider my car to really be turbo since it doesnt have either one yet, im getting closer though, i have an intercooler that you can see from the front :D

call me a ricer all you want if it means i run a loud bov and a seperate wastegate dump, cause that how its gettin done. i dont even consider my car to really be turbo since it doesnt have either one yet, im getting closer though, i have an intercooler that you can see from the front :D

you know it's going to sound like a sneezing one chamber chainsaw. :rockon:

Guest gprix1
whatcha mean a 1g isnt loud, the dsm guys dont even use aftermarket bov half the time, they just unplug that thing and let er rip,.

I know a lot of DSM guys. My wife and I both run AWD 2nd Gen's. All of the DSMrs I know that vent to atmosphere like the sound but hate the stumble that occurs and in most cases, eventually put it back to stock (recirculated). Not a problem on most cars but the DSM ECU expects the air and this causes a slight stumble that get's annoying after a while.

Again, shouldn't be a problem on most cars.

I had a friend who was running a TurboXS BOV and returned it twice as the piston would eventually sieze in the thing. Also, it was a b#tch to get it set just right so it didn't flutter like a fart. VERY cool looking but totally useless as a stock 1G BOV will do the job just fine. There is zero horsepower to gain no matter how much boost you plan to run since the 1G BOV will hold all the boost you could ever run with a simple mod from Dejon Tool. This is the setup my friend and a lot of the been-there-done-thats go with and you NEVER have to adjust it, it just works.

http://www.dejontool.com/dsm-misc.htm

BOVF.JPG

Guest JAMIE T

no 'clip or vid. But that EVO was shooting flames out from behind the front tire. WICKED. I was skeptical. But after I saw that car. I'm doing it.

anyone have a sound clip /video of an open wg dumping car?

i just heard they shoot a little flame out the tail pipe' date=' want mine to come out right behind the front drivers side tire.[/quote']

well, if you dump it, it doesn't come out of tail pipe. It' sounds like one chamber chainsaw. :D