HybridZ

help me pick my seats....

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

my seats in my 76' are shot!

now i keep looking at racing seats that can recline, but im trying to figure out if i get a pair, will they even go back far, or even back at all because the car will be sporting a roll cage.

does anybody have sa Sparco's, Bride's, MOMO's Corbeau's, Recaro's, or anything like them that go back, and can u tell me if they hit, and if u have a roll cage?

because if they hit and cant go back at all ill just get real race seats, or maybe even these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2419311975

anybody have any ideas or input?

Thanks

Guest 240hybrid

Heres a link to a seat that I want for my Z on ebay for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2419387025

I think this is a nice, simple seat, that supports a driver's sides well. My buddy has a 240sx hes selling and after seeing them and riding in the car, these will be the seats I put in my Z. A lot cheaper than a race seats. '

Chase

I have the Corbeau's. I had to space the cross bar on the main hoop rearwards so that they would fit. I was just in Pep Boys today and they had some fairly nice looking racing type seats. Didn't look at the price, but they had 3 difference color schemes. By the way, Pep Boys also has an entire section dedicated to Fast and Furious merchandise.....OMG that movie has it's own ricer product line now!!! It's actually labled Fast and Furious!! ha ha ha ...strobe lights, pedal covers and various ricer junk!!

Tim

I had Eagle Talon sport seats, then got a set of Eclipse seats. Both from 90 models. With simple mods to the tracks, they bolt to the Nissan mounts without affecting the car. The Talon seats are the sport seats with adjustable lumbar and thigh support and moveable head support. They are virtually the same shape as the Z seats with excellent bolstering. Not a Momo, Corbeau, or Recaro mind you, but at $100 for the Talon seats and $50 for the Eclipse seats (what I paid at two different junkyards), you can afford to change your mind! Which is what I did. The only reason for the switch is I like the way the Eclipse seats looked better. If you are taller than me (6 foot even) head clearance might be an issue, however. If you are shorter, you will fit in the car MUCH better than with the stock seats.

zseats.jpg

zseats1.jpg

Guest ON3GO

well i hada Bride ERGO, only one as thats all i could afford then, and i loved it (even though it never made it into my Z), only sold it cuz i made 150 bucks more then what i paid.

there SO nice though, but are alot, and now that i need rims, interior work, exterior work, and motor work buying 1400 dollar seats dont seem like a good idea.

i did like teh Corbeau CR1's i sat in at NOPI, they were very nice and i can get a pair for $750.

hmmmmmmm

Guest Anonymous
Heres a link to a seat that I want for my Z on ebay for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2419387025

I think this is a nice' date=' simple seat, that supports a driver's sides well. My buddy has a 240sx hes selling and after seeing them and riding in the car, these will be the seats I put in my Z. A lot cheaper than a race seats. '

Chase[/quote']

i own a 240 and i just removed the seats. and i'm selling them, if you want them, let me know, i have access to another set of seats which are in slightly better condition. i have them sincei just put s14 seats in to my car

Guest 240hybrid

Do you have pics of the better condition set you could email me paradox? Do they have any tears or obvious wear and tear on them? What would you want for them and where abouts are you located?

thank Chase

Guest Anonymous

i have some pics...but they arent focus'd on the seat and i'm having some work done on the car so i won't be pickin it up til later in the week. but the typical problem with S13 seats is they tend to wear and tear on the drivers side bolster. this is starting to wear, but nowhere as bad as my bad set is. i'm located in Flowery Branch, GA which is about 45 minutes northeast of atlanta off of 985

What about the newer Celica seats. I really liked them. They offered excellent support and had high wear pads in specific areas. I'm sure you could get a decent set at a pick and pull. If you can afford more, I like the Corbeau seats for the price.

Those red porsche seats would look good depending on what color you paint your car. The new celica seats look very nice. You can get them a lot cheaper than corbeaus or recaros. I would have used the celica seats in my car but came up on some crx seats made by recaro. They recline and are very supportive.