HybridZ

RB Swap. HELP!!!

Guest ayobreezie

Guest ayobreezie

I just bought a '73 240Z and I found a RB25DET front clip in my area. I'm planning on doing the RB25DET swap and I need help. What else do I need and how do I go about installing the engine so that I can drive my 240 ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Guest ayobreezie

As far as the instrument cluster and guages, what do I have to do to the interior? I want to make it all work. I'm sorry if these are stupid questions, but I need to know these things. Thanks all.

there is a huge aftermarket mfor gages all im saying is youd be better off going with some sort of aftermarket gages like autometer. Hks gages are little spendy. i have autometer, blitz and HKS gages whatever was teh cheapest at the time i needed them ;>

the only stock gages i have are the volt meter and gas gage both of which will be changed so they match the rest of the gages

Guest ayobreezie

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. I'm trying to gather every piece of information I can before I try to do a project like this. If in the end, I think it's too complicated, I'm just going to restore the car and sell it.

In RB Series Swaps you need to go topic by topic and read. if you get done with a topic and you still have a question about that topic post the question there. It gets kinda tiresome (allthough we all want to help) answering the same general questions over and over. they have all been aswered somewhere just take the time and look.

ayobreezie,

I am in Elk Grove and in the middle of swapping an RB20 into my 78 Fairlady-Z. Perhaps we could compare notes and ideas. A fair amount of imagination and creativity seems to be a must when doing one of these swaps.

Yup just like any other swap with a Z/ZX, you have to be creative and have some fabrication skills. You have to be able to think "outside the box"! :D

If you do go threw with the swap you will learn more about your car and the drivetrain that you are swaping in, than you ever wanted to know! LOL :wink:

Guy

Guest ayobreezie

Stealth-Z, why don't you email me and maybe we can talk some more about RB swapping, haha. I don't even know how to fabricate the mounts or anything. I wanna drift the car, but I don't know how to fit it so, I can get good handling and power. ayobreezie@yahoo.com