HybridZ

Scottie-GNZ, this is for you!!!

Guest ON3GO

lol im stuck.. im just watching it over and over..

holy crap!

is that the exhaust out the side of the fender or for the wastegate?

thats a badass car.

Yup,

that's Chris Chow, well known in the Buick community and probably one of many in his stable. That's a special-built 394ci with 90mm turbos and a MOTEC. That was a pretty decent HP number. I am going to see if I can get my buudy here in Orlando to bring his GN up to Reynolds for some exhibition runs. It is an NHRA legal SS/DX car, 3600lbs, TT stageII destroked to 3.5L and restricted to 46mm turbos!!! It runs 8.30 @ 160+ in class trim and that factors out to about 1200rwhp. Maybe he will swap out the turbos and put it in exhibition/kill mode for us. He has been talking about doing that to see if it can get a 7.9x. BTW, another SS/DX GN just became the 1st SS car in the 7s. He is running a special-built Kenny Duttweiler 207ci TT stageII.

Would the tires slipping result in a lower power result on the dyno? If so, can anyone make a guess to how much he lost when those tires let go. Awesome vid

Can't make a guess on the loss (depends on the slip ratio), but yes it would result in a lower reading.

Guest bastaad525

Reminds me of an auction I saw on ebay, this guy had a corvette, I think the same body as that one, with TWO superchargers on it. The guy claimed it was putting down some 1500hp to the wheels. He'd put over $100,000 into it and was selling it for like $30 or $50k, said after it was all done he found that he didn't fit very well in the car, he was a big guy. He was worried that, due to the way he had to sit in the car, he could very easily nudge his leg, enough to blip the throttle, and he said in that car a blip of the throttle could get you killed..... I wonder how guys like that even drive these cars on the street at all, you'd have to pull your foot comepletely off the throttle every time you even get near a bump, dip, or pothole......

notice, too, that he's dynoing that vette in 5th gear...... dont see that much.

Guest bastaad525

only cool to look at..... I cant imagine a car like that being fun to drive, come on.... 1000+ hp?? What on earth would you do with that?? It would be so hard to control, even moreso in a 2200-2300 240......