HybridZ

video of the 10 sec attempt ;<

stony

Stony, I can't believe there wasn't something wrong with that stub axle. There seem to be many here that run that fast with 240 and 280 stubs that aren't breaking that often. What would happen if you just replaced the 300ZX stub with another, magnafluxed of course, and give it one more chance?

BTW, the urethane control arm bushings are working well, aside from an occasional squeak. Those and the new diff mount really give the Z rear a more solid feeling on a good launch....

Guest zline

why not get a set made by someone like Strange or Moser? I think they'd do it, and it'd be beefy too - i dont think those would break.

Guest Zachb55

I was pondering that same though, like "why has luck been so bad to stony when other people are running faster times with less mods" it just doesnt make sense to me... i would give it another go, then head to the land of Autos if you must.

well i have pretty much decided to go with a solid rear...probably a nine inch. im going to sell the entire rear end (maybe allready sold) to help fund the swap.

I could try another one but with the clutch that is in it now it would eventually break again anyways. i do plan on upgrade motor stuff when i get a rearend that dosnt break under current conditions.

anyone interested in an nismo r-200 with 4.88 gears? I am in the same boat as the previous owner. he bought it brand new for his rotary 510 adn couldnt get down the track without breaking a axle ( low 10 sec 510) so he sold it to me. i installed it ....drove it to the track...broke the stub on the first pass and towed it home. has no play and feels great. 600.00 plus shipping...about 150 maybe less

Guest FullBoostOrBust

Hey stoney,

I likes the vid, i remember seeing another vid of you running at the track but cant seem to find it anymore. Please post anymore of your vids on this thread! :) if its not to much to ask how did you record and edit your film? i would like to do the same.