HybridZ

What diff is best or easiest?

Guest Child_inblack

Guest Child_inblack
:shock: ahhhh. ive been researching the forums about the different options for diffs. theres the r200 (you need to buy lsd), r230 with lsd, or vette rearend. what would be the cheapest and easiest to install.

Guest Child_inblack

so i could buy one from a 280z and install it huh? what parts would i need? i guess i could install it and then add LSD later.

I did an R-200 swap last year on my 72 240 and I must say it was pretty straight forward. All I got was the diff. and mustache bar. I already had the poly bushings from the master kit which I recommend doing while the stuff is out. You need to turn the front diff mount 180 degrees to work. I'm not sure what year your car is so keep in mind this was on a '72.

My LS1/T56 280Z is running the 3.70:1 R200 LSD out of the '87-89 300ZX turbo. Problem is finding them. Option is to get any R200 you want and put a Quaife in but that is very expensive. Other option is to just run any R200 pegleg with the ratio you want (3.36,3.54.3.90)and consider the LSD option later.