HybridZ

Dash Caps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm interested in working with someone on this thread with regard to documenting the installation of one of my dashes. You can see both of them at:

http://www.reactionresearch.com/dash.htm

I have a set of instructions duplicated from those offered by Joe Alphabet for the Alpha One GTO. I'd like to compile some instructions for the Simpson style dash.

I've sold a bunch of these dashes, but never had the opportunity to document an installation. Everyone seems to be able to install them just fine, but they all turn out a little different. I'd like to be able to offer a head start on how to do the installation whenever someone purchases a dash.

If anyone is interested, please email me offline to discuss the proposal. Obviously, I'm interested in working with someone who a) will do a good job in a timely fashion and can show me some examples of previous work, B) has a digital camera and can take pictures along the way, and c) can provide understandable detail on the installation process.

What I'm willing to offer is my cost on the dash.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I have a dash cap that was installed when I got my Z. It looks pretty good, but I dont think it is a full one because there is a line around the front surface of the dash that I dont like.

Here's what mine looks like:

album_pic.php?pic_id=1163

I wondered about the ones on ebay as well. There are many sites that sell the caps and the prices are way off from each other. It made my think that maybe all dash caps are not created equal? There is the MSA one for pretty cheap, then there are others for up to $135. Anybody have an opinion on which is best?

Rufus

Guest V8wannabe

Whatever you use, do not overlook washing the dash first with a good solvent first. I used bricks wrapped in towels on the top, and clamps around the edges to hold mine in place.

i am expanding my business, and i want to branch out to other car makers such as datsun. i have only owned a 280zx so far but i would Love a 240z. i want to make parts for cars that i am particular to. would people be interested in carbon fiber dash caps? or fiberglass, to avoid the warpage problem. finished in PPG clear as not to fade.