HybridZ

CF Hood

av240z

Just out of curiousity I took the advice and searched "carbon fiber hood".

I have no personal interest of any kind in them incidentally...and got zero returns. So, even if I had gotten a hit or two they, by definition, are not necessarily the latest information available from HybridZ...time and members march on. The response, and I hesitated to even respond to the post, "do a search" can be a great suggestion but at best is only part of a needed answer. I often use the search function and it is an invaluable tool that should be used first, but members should not be dismissed to search function participation only. We can be thin skinned even if we are thick headed enough to want to put a V8 in a Z. IMHO john

... but members should not be dismissed to search function participation only...

Granted, but this topic has been discussed several times before. The search function seems to apparently not work for some or at least it worked better when the "search all forums" function was still available. We lost a lot of old archives, apparently, when the site was upgraded. Too bad---all that old priceless info...

Davy

Guest Zachb55

WOW, that hood is awesome.... im going to be needing a new hood soon, but 3 grand? no way, ill learn to make my own thank you!

-Zach

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zachb55

now did that mount right up or what? i mean i would assume it uses hood pins, and i would be fine with those instead of the hood lift assembly, but i see that hood doesnt use pins in the front... i wonder if it flexes much when closing the hood.....?

-Zach

if i remember correctly the guy said it didnt fliex much if not at all.

i think he did use hood pins, but the pins were up top... not 100% sure, he could have used the stock locking mounts.

i still wanna buy it if i can.

mike

Guest the_dj

I really have got to pull the front of my car and make a CF mold of the whole thing (g-nose & hood), but my car is a daily driver for the summer which makes it somewhat difficult. :(