HybridZ

Atn: read this first or risk being tarred and feathered!

Bob_H

-------Please, do not respond to this post---------

Attention!

This forum, (formerly the RB swap forum) has attracted the most attention for newbies and as such, too many people are being lazy. If you want to do a RB swap, read the last few rules especially. We all want to encourage swaps, but be aware of these few items.

There are a few guidelines to follow. If you don't follow them, you will hopefully be warned once, then the post will be deleted,(remember, you can delete your own posts). If you make a big deal of it, you'll be deleted as well,(not likely, but if you push the admins far, it has happened..). We want to help you, but most of us do have day jobs, and answering the same exact basic question over and over again gets old really fast.

1) Don't be lazy!

This is the primary tenent of this forum. Nearly every type of question you could possibly have about any RB swap,(or other common 6 cylinder swap) has been asked not only 3 times, but answered many many times. We assume you are not lazy, so please don't prove us wrong! We do not want answer your every whim because you are too lazy to follow rule number 2:

2) Do a Search!

As I said above, more than likely, your question has been asked. Do a search. If you are unsuccessful, try different search terms,(this is key!). This site is equipped with a great search function that allows you to browse past discussions. Not only might you find the answer to your questions, but a great archive of accumulated information you may wish to browse at a later date If still unsuccessful, then, and only then, post. And when you post, it should be something like this:

"Hey, I searched this forum for info about XXXX. I found info on YYY, but I want to know about XXXX."

This tells us several things. First, what you want to know. Second, that you did a search, and what you searched for. Last, it shows you aren't lazy. :)

3)Use proper English!

We are not interested in your mAd sKiLlz yo! Ghetto-tabulous language, street slang, and ebonics are not welcome here. "sup, dog?" is not a good start to any post. Nor are the words "dope, mad, tight, hella, or da'bomb" unless they are used in the context that our friend, the dictionary, places them in.

A well written, coherent post that you spell checked will garner many more responses than a poorly written and worded question. To expand on the spell check issue:

With respect to spell check, this means cutting and pasting on your computer to check it with your own programs. It is more directed at those who have terrible spelling and grammar skills and take no effort to compose a coherent, readable post. A small spelling or grammar error is a minor detail that doesn't detract from the post and was not the point of this guideline. But every other word spelled incorrectly with 2nd grade grammar makes it hard to read.

4) List your intended purpose for the car

It makes a huge difference if you want to set your car up for daily driving, drag racing, or road racing. It will make a big difference in how we may respond. Without this info from you, you likely won't get a good answer - if you get an answer at all....

Most importantly, be clear and objective. State the specifics of your situation, as each situation demands a different answer. List your modifications, your intended purpose for the car, and specifically what characteristics you would like to change. The more information you can give us, the better answer you will receive

5)Have a thick skin!

This is important. Since our patience has been tried as of late with newbies coming in wanting all info spoon fed to them,(instead of searching) we tend to be a bit short in our responses. If we bite your head off, smile, search, then post - in that order. We do want to help you, but a good reality check is a good thing.

6) Realize the RB swap is not a cheap swap and it costs much more than the price of the motor!

"Hey, I can get a RB25 front clip for $3500, can I do the swap?". Not if you only budgeted $4-5k. To give you an idea, those of us who have successfully done the RB swap have spent at least $10k on the conversion. Those of us with RB26dett swaps have closer to $20k in the conversion alone. Just because the engine costs $5k doesn't meant that is the only cost involved. Do a search of the older posts to see what I mean. You have radiators, intercoolers, brakes, custom driveshaft, custom mounts, upgraded fuel lines/tanks, etc... The list is large.

Last and most important!

Read the post above this one. It outlines some of the more important recent issues here at hybridz. The RB forum in particular attracts the most new attention. We want to help you with your swap, but answering basic questions 40 times when they are well covered only dilutes the good information available in this forum.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24172

-------Please, do not respond to this post---------

• 2 years later...

Ok so i have been trying to answer as many of the will my rb26 fit in my 240-280 z car for like 6 years now. I have been really patient and tried to be as helpful as possible. If i see anymore of these questions especially ones that are in the "So you wanna do a rb swap†thread. They will be either locked or deleted.

In the last 3 years I have yet to see anyone come up with a question about the process involved with the basic swap that hasn’t already been answered somewhere by myself or some of the many others that have done this swap now. I finished mine the first time 6 years ago. When I came back to the US I was the only one with the exception of the one out of Canada that was in the states. SO I was more then happy to help back then. Now is differnt. I think I can speak fro everyone else here that the questions are getting old. So please if you have a basic question and think it hasn’t been answered your wrong. If you have question you believe has never been addressed feel free to ask. If it gets deleted...Well then you know it has been answered and is really easy to find.

SO please read up and get smart then ask questions if you feel they haven’t been answered before.

Thanks

Stony

BTW as time permits i will be going on a witch hunt and getting rid of any post that has no real infomation in it in the rb section. If you have a post deleted and want to address it with me feel free to do so. I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks again

Stony

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok for some reason there has been an influx of the basic questions from From users with less then 10 posts. I have started deleting these posts、 As i said i would a long time ago. So there you have it if you post a question about something and it gets deleted This means you can use some of the words in your question as key words in tHe search function to get your answer.

• 8 months later...

=) How much beer is involved in the swap? And to what point of enebreation (SP?) do you call it a nite on the swap? Is there a certain brand I should be drinking?

These would be my only questions...

Ive read all of the threads youve made and im not saying it seems easy but ive done a few strange swaps...

GJ on the writeups and ill do a digital bitch slap to anyone you feel gets out of line...

=)

-PSi