HybridZ

200sx turbo rear end swap?

Guest grunt0311

Guest grunt0311

Anyone know if the complet rear end. Meaning the cv's and the rear end (4.11) and hopefully the hubs with the disk brakes will swap onto a 240z? This would make for a quick rear disc brake swap along with cv's and an r200 with the 4.11 gears. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

grunt0311

70 fairlady ugleeeee

71 sold not delivered

74 today it comes to its new home

You can probably make the swap happen but it won't be "quick." The diff is a bolt in (both are R180 units) but the CVs and brakes require adapters and you can't use the hubs unless you want to do a lot of machining.

Guest grunt0311

Thanks for all the help! I think it is an R 200. From what I understand all the turbo 200sx's come with the R 200. I just guess can I take the cv's too. If so will the the hubs or discs be the same lug pattern as a 240? If so I will take the whole set up and leave the disc brakes on an find a way to mount the rear end differential. If the lug pattern is different will the cv's mount to my drum brakes? Thanks again.

grunt0311

70 fairlady

71 sold not delivered

74 mine but rougher than I thought it would be

• 7 months later...
Guest dvlax28

Hey, i recently pulled the drivetrain out of an 82 280zx and i was going to use the r200. now instead, i am going to keep my r180 because it is lighter than the r200, but im going down to the junkyard to pull the gear assembly out of a 200sx (86-87 i heard, not sure) because apparently they fit right in my stock 73 240z r180, and it is a 4.11:1 gearing. anyone have any advice or done anything like this?

jason

phx, az

if i recall correctly, the cv's from a 200 sx turbo (which will have the 4.11 r200 diff) are the same as the z31 non-turbo cv's. i dont know the difference between the turbo and non-turbo z31 cv's, but the MML conversion kit that Ross C sells is advertised as being for the z31 turbo cv's. as posted earlier, to use the brakes, you will need brackets.