HybridZ

Paint question, bayside blue or daytona blue...

Guest ON3GO

ok i know im far away from even painting my car but im trying to deside on either Bayside Blue (skyline R34) or Daytona Blue (350Z color)..

ive seen the Daytona just never the Bayside Blue in person..

my hood, rear panel, MSA air dam, and ZG flares will be a dak gun-metal color too.

anybody have any say in this?

why u guys think?

Guest GoaTSLonG

i have a gallon of TV2 bayside blue in my house waiting to go on my 240sx. It looks like really nice paint, but so does that daytona blue. Hey you should paint it to match your z06.

the electron blue?

its a badass color i just want it to be nissan lol.

i wish it was my Z06.. its my dads but i treat it like its mine.... my baby...

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the process of painting my 280Z the color of the 2003 350Z Daytona Blue. It has a sliver & pearl flake in the base coat and looks great once you get the clearcoat applied. This was my 1st time spraying automotive paint and so far has come out much better than expected. I have the engine bay done, hope to spary the under hood parts and reassemble that later this month. I got the paint & misc products from my local Shewrin-Williams automotive paint store. They had all the product codes and I am very pleased with how the process went. Make sure you have an approved fresh air system or the cyanide in the paint will mess you up! Check out my photo gallery for a couple of pics I posted. My vote is Daytona Blue!

• 3 years later...
Guest Sil-Eighty SE-K
i have a gallon of TV2 bayside blue in my house waiting to go on my 240sx. .

+

LOL....oh you do, do you? lol....i hate to break this to you but that paint job is gonna come out looking not even nearly close to what color you expect if thats the case. Bayside Blue (TV2) is a 2 stage paint and you would need 1 gallon of EACH stage. Im in the process of painting one of my 240s bayside blue.... And the paint goes for about $500 a gallon retail and you need one gallon of each (i would never do this unless i had a paint hookup like i do)....they have cheaper paints that go for like $130 s gallon but it still wouldnt come out right.....anyways, with clear coat and whatnot your talking $1200 before labor....sounds like u got a cheap one step paint....i hope it comes slightly close for you but dont count on it.....

+

LOL....oh you do, do you? lol....i hate to break this to you but that paint job is gonna come out looking not even nearly close to what color you expect if thats the case. Bayside Blue (TV2) is a 2 stage paint and you would need 1 gallon of EACH stage. Im in the process of painting one of my 240s bayside blue.... And the paint goes for about $500 a gallon retail and you need one gallon of each (i would never do this unless i had a paint hookup like i do)....they have cheaper paints that go for like $130 s gallon but it still wouldnt come out right.....anyways, with clear coat and whatnot your talking $1200 before labor....sounds like u got a cheap one step paint....i hope it comes slightly close for you but dont count on it.....

i hate to break it to YOU, but this thread is 4 years old.

+

dude that post is from 2003...

+

Don't be such a tool, go read the rules and mission statement. It's at the top of every section.