HybridZ

Check out my new Wide Band 02

Here's what I found on their site:

"The standard LM-1 includes a Bosch wide-band oxygen sensor and cable, cigarette-lighter adapter, serial cable for PC connection, 9V battery, exhaust bung and plug, CD and manual. The LM-1 ships with a Bosch sensor, however, it can also function with other wide-band sensors, including Honda/NTK and VW sensors.

Available accessories include auxiliary input cables, alligator-clip power cable, exhaust clamp, analog output cable, and Aux. input expander. Additional accessories include a dash-mountable display and AC adapter.

The LM-1 sells for $349, including the oxygen sensor (Bosch LSU4.2), 10' sensor cable, 10' power cable, serial PC cable, and software.."

Well, its up and running. I was able to do a short tuning trial with it today for around 30 min, until a blinding rain came down and forced me to park it.

I have the custom made aux output cable working fine to where I'm able to use the WB while in the auto tune function of the TEC2.

Now the tuning process should become much more accurate afr wise, under boost... whip2.gif

I'll keep ya posted on the progress.... :D

j.

Guest Zachb55

ok, im gonna sound really stupid here but, how does that thing work? do you put it in the spark plug hole? or some other place i dont know about??? ok, well go ahead and take me to school...

-Zach

• 2 weeks later...

I just placed my order for one, I got the exhuast clamp so I can tune other vehicles in our family. The narrow band thing has got things fairly close. But still leaves you in the dark alot of the time.

I hope it proves to do everything it says it can, if so I will be more than pleased.

Its working out well for me. I have it hooked up to my TEC2 and I'm working with the auto tune function/ datalogs to try and get this dam car tuned right for the first time since I've had this set up

I made this hanger device at work out of 1/8 lexan, to mount to the backside of the LM1, so that I wouldn't have to try and watch it while it was sitting on the pass. seat.

I have since put a pivot point on the narrow part with the hook shaped section so that it just folds up and fits nicely in the glove box when I don't want to view it. Before the pivot mod, it was to long to put away in the glove box.

I would recomend this Wideband to anyone looking to buy a WB. Its the best bang for the buck. Do yourself a favor a reserch what you get for the price of the LM1 compared to all the others.... not as much, and almost twice the price. furious.gif

LinkPhoto?GUID=706f3a7f-271b-3f85-28b2-43fc54403dd3&size=lg

• 3 weeks later...

This meter works great with thr TEC2 auto tune function. It cuts your VE table tuning time way down.

I'd buy another in a second if need be. Also the suport is impeckable. Klaus is the tech guru over there and will gladly answer any and all questions you may have.... icon_crazyjump.gif GREAT PRODUCT for the price... :2thumbs::2thumbs:

CHECK OUT THEIR MANUAL (HTML) UNDER SUPPORT >>http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine on friday and here is my impressions.

Bang for the buck nothing else come close to it's capabilities. I am a cheapo and I spent a little more than I wanted but glad I did. Instantly it helped diagnose my rich idle problem, and I had a hot/cold fueling problem.

I had problems installing the CD but just copied the files over. As far as support, he answers all questions no matter how in depth. I have read about the design and testing of it. The software is simple and easy to use.

Glad to hear your satisfied also. I doubt there will be many, if any, that don't feel it's well worth the price...

I also had a stint with the CD, but that was a easy fix.... download it off the site. :D

One thing I've noticed is, you have to take their advice and press the " calibrate" button fairly regular, to get the sensor back to spec.

joel