HybridZ

Source for Balanced Rotating Assemblies...

If you must go with a different rotating assembly, realize that you may not end up with the cylinder-to-piston clearances you want, if you don't overbore again.

I'd spend a few extra bucks and go with a reputable place like Beck Racing Engines . I guess I've heard enough bad about others that advertise in HotRod, etc. that I'd stay away.

Folks, I'm having no luck in getting my lower rotating assembly balanced locally, so I'm looking at buying one and then just selling what I have on e-bay or here. Any good experiences with some of the crate engine builders on supplying balanced assemblies???

Mike Kelly :rolleyes:

Mark, I may take you up on that... Can you get a ball park price from him? Internal 383 (400 Crank) forged rods and pistons, ATI balancer, trying to find an internal flywheel for the 400 crank/ t56 combo now...

Mike

Mike,

I'm getting an internally balanced 383 assembly also, and I was under the assumption that I could use a regular (350) balancer and flywheel with a T56. Am I wrong in this assumption? If so, let me know what you find, 'cause I'm going to have to get another flywheel.

Mark,

I have BRAND NEW forged rods and pistons, and a like New Fuidamper balancer, and all related parts. All I need him to do is turn my crank and balance the assembly. All he would need to "SELL" me would be the bearings (Other than his services of course).

Sylicon boy, I don't think (But I might be wrong) that the factory flywheel is compatible with the 400Crank, and I thought the LS/LT series motors were externally balanced. On top of that, the setup I have is the two piece main style block/400 crank setup. Not sure of your configuration....

Mike

Mike, my engine builder will require your crank, flywheel, balancer, pressure plate, rods, pistons, one set of rings and one set of rod bearings to properly balance your engine. He charges $200 for this. You said you needed the crank turned? He said he would have to check out the crank before turning it. Note, if heavy metal is required to balance, it will cost more! If you need bearings, he can get you what ever you want for a fair price.

P.s. Did you get my e-mail?

Mark 2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif

Mark,

I'm in the middle of negotiating selling some of the stuff... And I may end up with a new forged crank out of the deal... I'll also still need to locate the flywheel, but since I'll be going with a new forged Scat crank, I should be able to get it in the proper bolt pattern for the right T56 flywheel!

Mike

Mark,

I've got most of my stuff sold, which means I'll likely order a 383 stroker assembly from SCAT and just avoid paying all the shipping to send my stuff out and then get it back. Wasn't sure if I would be able to sell the crank, flywheel and balancer, but I did, and now someone wants the rods possibly (Buyer of the Crank), and I might have a line on the Pistons too!

Thanks for checking though! And I did get your e-mail!

Mike :D

Just got off the phone with Scat and their forged 383 stroker package including bearings, TS Rings, 4340 crank, 4340 Ibeam rods with 7/16 cap screws, SRP pistons, and Clevit 77 bearings ALL BALANCED and SHIPPED for $1933.85! I'm gonna probably order this within the next two weeks if the Rods and Pistons move... Then all I have to do is locate a flywheel and put it all back together...

Mike