HybridZ

Roll Cage Photos

Enclosed are a series of photos of the Roll Cage installation on my 240Z. The installation thus far has been done by PDK Fabrication and they have done a great job building up the cage for my "soon to be running" Vintage Race Car project.

Click on the Link below and go to "view all members photos" for all the detailed photos.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6333

Thanks!!

Guest Anonymous

Ron,

Cage looks very nice and it is good to see a shop that takes pride in there work. You should be proud of that cage. Just have one question, on the pic labeled "drivers door cage", there are two tubes going to the floor pan that appear to be tied together and to the floor. I see there has been a plate welded to the floor to reinforce this area but are these tubes or that plate tied to any other structure in that area like the rocker panels? Just not much metal in that area of the car. Not being critical at all, just curious. Mark

Thanks, you bring up a very valid point, the brackets that are currently tacked to the floor will be tied into the bulkhead just to the outside on the left and right side respectively, the photos might not show that too well or it might not be visable in the photos, We will be pulling the fenders next weekend to do a few old ITS Z tricks for strengthening the front quarterpanels of the car and also attaching the cage to the front suspension through the firewall. I will have additional pictures up next weekend.

In the mean time if you have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

Again thank you..

PDK fabrication, Oceanside California, 760-724-0144 ask for Mark. The CF dashes are no longer available but they do offer a fiberglass dash, I will have more pictures this weekend with my fiberglass dash.

the Strut Braces, Fiberglass Dashes, And Custom Fabrication are their specialities!!

• 5 weeks later...

Bill,

Sorry,

we no longer offer a CF dash, as they are too hard to make and there was not enough interest to make enough of them to make it worth while. These Dashes are a race part, which means they do not have the internal parts that would accomodate heater controls, factory gauges etc. We made just a 240Z dash although for racing applications, it could be installed in a 260 or 280.

we still are doing the black fiberglass dashes, if your looking for a cool racing part that will keep the original look of your Z this is the ticket!!

we still are doing the black fiberglass dashes' date=' if your looking for a cool racing part that will keep the original look of your Z this is the ticket!![/quote']

How much are you looking for for these? I think the dash is about the heaviest thing still in my car ;)

we are having them made from our mold by a new fiberglass fabricator. We are waiting for their reply to quote prices, I should have pricing for you within the next week or so.

Since you are in Los Angeles, are you going to go to the Mossy Nissan Z show Saturday? in Oceanside CA? PDK will be there and you can see the dash first hand...

we are having them made from our mold by a new fiberglass fabricator. We are waiting for their reply to quote prices' date=' I should have pricing for you within the next week or so.

Since you are in Los Angeles, are you going to go to the Mossy Nissan Z show Saturday? in Oceanside CA? PDK will be there and you can see the dash first hand...[/quote']

Nope, thanks for the heads up though ;)

Let me know when you get some info on prices though!