HybridZ

Source needed for New or reconditioned 700R4 tranny

Mikelly

Guest Want aZ

Mike Id check around there for a rebuild place first, Often you can get them exchanged. There was this place in Ga that you take in your old, and get a new. was like $395, but that was for a TH 350. I would check on a rebuild though first.

Damon

Check Summit Racing they have B&M transmissions. I believe they even have a 700R4 for RV's. I am planing on picking up there Chrysler 727 this winter to put in my van when I rebuild the engine. 270,000 miles on the trans probably warrants a rebuild/replacement. The cost for the 727 is around $700 and this is cheaper then the rebuild shops are quoting me to rebuild the one I have now.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked with Bow Tie Overdrives this morning before I saw this post. Third gear gave up in the th350 last night (why I don't know). I was impressed with the web site and called them. Shipping to Georgia was $163. 39. For every thing to do the swap to a 700R4 except the mount and driveshaft including shipping is $1502.34. That is a little steep for my budget, but I was impressed by the specific information they request to build your tranny. Everything including carb type, HP rating, diff ratio, tire size and stall speed desired. That price is for the level 2 high performance trans that is good to 450 HP. It even comes with a one year unlimited mileage warranty.