HybridZ

My Z is now black, come on in and have yourself a look...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greimann
Thanks guys. Maybe my next paint job will look as good as yours Griemann, although I will do some colorsanding anyway.....

You are way ahead of me on a perfect body. I post that picture because I just repainted those panels last spring. The rest of the car needs help. I have chips and dings galore. Thank God for black pigmentd wax! :oops:

Guy, orange peel is how any paint looks right out of the gun, it kinda looks like the surface of an orange. If the painter is real good, he can minimize the effect, but it is still not optically flat. Color sanding is when you sand the orange peel off and buff it back to a gloss with compound. Typically you start with 1000 grit, then 1500 grit, then buff with a fine compound like 3m Finessit or Perfectit. That is the only way to get the finish in the picture above, besides having straight bodywork.

Man, you just gotta love a guy who can get things done!!!!!!!!!!

You are the man! :2thumbs:

Super looking car--how long for paint jail? Are you happy with the paint work that was done to it? Looks Awesome from the pics!!!! :D

Davy

Nothing beats the look of a muscular, black Z :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Black Zcars are nice, mines Black too, but its kinda gross to me.

Hard to keep clean too, Im going Wangan Midnite blue-but it was nice having a Black Zcar for a while.

Nice car Brett, and nice "flares" 8)

You guys are too kind! Greimann, I'm not being nice but honest when I say your car is straiter, remember I saw yours not long ago. As for paint jail Davy, the Z was out of my hands for only a week - the spray quality is good but it could use more bodywork. They did mess up a couple things so it's going back in two weeks. Seeing it in photos though does make me want to give it to Dan's guy next summer and get it done, right now I'm just happy it's one color. BTW Scottie, I agree 100%.:D

Here's a little photoshop I did earlier today for my new wallpaper:

album_pic.php?pic_id=1575

Guest BigWhyteDude

Heavy man love the hood. You kept the original lines to an extent and added a huge scoop that really really looks great. Props to you man :2thumbs:

Thanks BWD, I'm happy with how the hood worked out too, I wish you could hear the sound the carb makes pulling air through the scoop at idle. :D

Yes Pete, I am a happy pappa. Thanks to you and the people on this site for helping me and for great advice in getting things done. :2thumbs:

DSCF0014.sized.jpg

Flashback photo from last summer at Dan Juday's BBQ, shortly after I bought it and added rims.