HybridZ

My Z is now black, come on in and have yourself a look...

Yep, I went black even though my car wasn't as strait as it could've been - it's my daily so I guess this way I'll sweat it less in parking lots. :D I'm still deciding on a grill, I've got a stock one but was eyeing some mesh in a local parts store and am leaning that way. I'm thinking of painting the inside of my light buckets silver to match the rear, and am still waiting on a couple of trim pieces to arrive to complete the car. It is close, though. A big thanks to all of you on Hybrid Z that have helped me bring this car together. :cheers:

Brett

album_pic.php?pic_id=1561

album_pic.php?pic_id=1560

album_pic.php?pic_id=1559

album_pic.php?pic_id=1558

album_pic.php?pic_id=1562

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Iceickle

Sorry to be so blunt, but i hate how you have put an intake straight over the middle 'bump' of the bonnet... I love staring down that bonnet and looking at its curves, i might have gotten a new hood made up without the middle bump (but not really because i cant afford it) =) Anyway i like the rest of the car, except for the wheel flares because a friend of mine's 260Z has beautifully done flares without the bolts visible. You can just ignore this, its only IMHO ;) i wish my Z looked remotely like that too hehe

Guest iamjackal

I must say I agree you car is absolutely beautiful. Body looks straight enough to me. Did you do the paint yourself, if so what brand of paint and how many coats. Really looks great though

Jeremy

Guest Want aZ

Brett,

What did the scoop come off of??? Looks like early 80's Mustang GT, too small for 69 Mustang Mach 1, and too small for Boss mustang scoop. Dont think that it is from the Chevy line either.

But either way, I like it very much!!!!

Kudos to you my brother!!!!

Damon

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone. :2thumbs:

Jeremy: The paint is DuPoint acrylic urathane, shot by Maco's finest crackhead.

Damon: That's a '69 comet grabber scoop. It looks similar to the Mach 1, but tapers towards the front and thus fits well over the hood bulge.

Dan: Your car is in the hands of the most skilled painter I've ever met. I only wish your guy did my car too.

John: The mirrors are spun-aluminum and I got them from Victoria British. I've also seen them at places that sell parts for cobras.

Owen: My rear "bumper" consists of 3 things - the rubber bullets are crystler bump stops w/ some stainless washers for accent and filling up the side indentations are adhesive bumper strips from JC Whitney.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1565

Guest greimann

Black is beautiful baby! Looks awesome! Your work is only 1/2 done though. a colorsand and buff will get rid of the orange peel and bring the gloss up to mirror like reflection. Ergo:

reflection.jpg