HybridZ

Is this the Chevy V8Z forum?

Guest Craig280z

For all of us putting a chevy in our z's, this has become our "home". We (I) feel more comfortable posting in this forum and I do it before even thinking that the topic may be better addressed in another forum.

smile.gif

Craig

It would probably be best to post topics in the category that best relates to each subject, which is the way this forum was originally designed.

This seems to be the go-to place for any and all topics since it is the most visited forum. The only problem I have found is that as membership grows and more and more topics find their way to this forum, some questions or problems get pushed down the list and onto the next page before they are fully discussed, leaving some of us a little short-changed on getting answers to our questions. Just my thought.

Dan H

...Unfortunately we have members who get on the keyboard and mouse to quick before making the right selections. What members don't realize is that most of the administrators are running short on time, and it takes a lot to keep the forums cleaned up... Bottom line is IT IS LIKE YOUR HOUSE OR BEDROOM... You want it to be nice and orderly, then police yourselves and keep it cleaned up and orderly. Do your research before you post, and ASK YOURSELF if it is pertinent to the specific catagory BEFORE you post...

It is so easy to just do the right thing....

Mike Kelly

Administrator

This is what I mean! Look at all the posts in less than 24 hours that are NOT relevant to this forum! This forum is so cluttered with non-relevant posts it's a pain to sift thru! I know HybridZ is growing at a fast rate, but I would hope it is by thoughes who can read and take the thoughtful time to post in the correct forum! " If your going to do something, do it right!" I'm done ranting now, good day.

Mark

Mark,everyone,

Sometimes I get my panties in a bunch and just go through the lastest page on the forums and shuffle posts into the correct forums. Then someone will, post "Hey, what happened to my post. So then I learned to make an announcement that I moved things and to look in the correct forums where they belong.

I guess I just haven't done it in a while.

Others (moderators) can do it to, but it takes time, etc.

To me the big thing is that when using the search button, it'd be nice to just look in the transmission forum for tranny info. But I know damn well that if I do that, I'd be missing alot of info that was posted here or in another forum.

Oh well, I think self-policing is the answer. In other words, be careful what you post where.

Another issue is cross-posting. You know, someone wants everyone to see their urgent question so they post it to a bunch of forums. That makes a mess and all the responses aren't in one thread so it's less useful to everyone.

I think that the most effective form of self policing is simply to ignore posts that appear in the wrong forum. May sound harsh, but it can definately work. You want tranny info and you post your question in the Chevy forum, no one replies - simple.

I think that a very key feature that UBB should implement is that until that Junior Member post point is reached (25 posts or whatever), each time you hit the New Topic button, you get a popup window reminding you to post questions in the correct board.

The other feature that is there but currently broken, email notification, would help in the situations that Pete describes. Someone posts in the wrong board, the post gets moved, the admin adds a reply stating that the thread was moved to the correct forum and the poster gets an email letting them know what's up - no confusion.

I think that the most effective form of self policing is simply to ignore posts that appear in the wrong forum. May sound harsh, but it can definately work. You want tranny info and you post your question in the Chevy forum, no one replies - simple.

I agree 100% (crap I hope that I'm not one of the guilty ones). The main issue for me (more than the cluttering up of the Chevy forum) is that when I need to search, I have to search all of the forums, which takes forever, to make sure that I get what I'm looking for. If everyone posted in the correct subject matter forum, searching would be easier and faster.

I also agree with the popup for new (Jr) members telling them to search and then make sure they are posting in the correct area.

There are so many different sections here, I would say that probably 90% of the posts in the Chevy forum shouldn't be there.

Tim

While I'm ranting: :Dbonk.gif

You're = You are

Your = possessive

There = indication of location

Their = group possessive

Feel free to flame me on this..I don't mean to give an English lesson, or preach...just a pet peeve of mine frown.gif

Tim,

We used to have a spell check for the 'pre-post' writing; I lived by that thing. Now I spend most of my time worrying about what I just wrote!! lol

Seriously, I have to agree about the Chevy forum being the catch all forum. The easier thing to do would be to swap places with the Mopar forum :D

Pete, I'd be glad to move things around once in a while, but I am completely unaware of how to do it. I thought only administrators could lock threads and move them about. I have sooo much to learn. cry2.gif

Davy

Guest the_dj

I figure you'd consider my turbo and intercooler post irrelevant to this forum, so I thought I'd explain what made me put it here.

I have a Chevy 350 in the Z, so I wanted some of the Chevy guys to give input on the combo, rather than just the turbo 6 guys. smile.gif

Sam

Guest Anonymous

I think we contine to self police, but we POLITELY remind the person its in the wrong forum and then don't respond to it. The site has grown to large and post are to frequent for the moderators (unless they're paid to hang out and move things) don't have that sort of time or commitment to catch it all. Some headings can be misleading and you think they MAY have something to do with a chevy engine swap.

Oh and by the way, this should have been put in Announcments and not the chevy forum, Please post to the correct forum, thanks, I will now not respond to this... :D

Lead by example... ;)

Regards,

Lone

There really are few questions that can be asked about the typical JTR V8 swap - what motor mounts, etc, so on? that haven't been asked before. Everybody's pretty far along in their V8 swap here and only needs help on the other things. This is the main forum out of all of them and most of us know that our questions will be answered a lot faster and will get input from a lot more diverse people if we post them here.