HybridZ

tourque specs on the nut for the Tokico Illumina inserts?!!!

Guest ON3GO

Guest Anonymous

Aren't those nuts the nylock kind? If so just snug them down and keep a check on them the first few times you have the car out. I doubt they will back off much. Mine have not. Mark

The little red dial on the very top of the insert, the one that shows 1-5 and has a little adjuster that rotates with a standard screw driver. Pull this out. I used a small pliers and gently grabbed it and pulled it out, do not grab the little thing that you turn to adjust, but the whole thing. But be carefull not to crush it. You must have put them in (came in a really little black plastic box with a clear top), because they don't come from Tokico with them installed. Pull it off and see if the inside is hex shaped, if it is, then use a allen wrench to keep it (the strut rod) from spinning while tightening the nut.

EDIT: If you have them torqued down to 50ftlbs. then you will be fine.

!M!

why do i have to take them out? i didnt put them in, maybe Ross did.

Well, you don't have to anymore since you have them torqed down now. I forgot that you got your inserts from Ross, I guess he put them in.

why do i have to take them out?

Just read my above posts to see why. But, like I said you don't have to anymore :wink: .

!M!

My Tokico Illumina's came right out of the original boxes with the red adjusters installed. They even had the plastic thread protectors on top of that. (I didn't know they were removable either).

In anycase, you should be fine tightening them to 50 ft/lbs.

I will be putting Tokico Performers (non adjustable ) on my 260Z

at all 4 corners both the Haynes and the FSM show the spindles in front

and the rear hub in back attatched to the struts /shocks how exactly do the tube parts come out? and new replaced? niether manual really covers it :?:

• 3 years later...

Mine didn't have the allen hole either. Or if it did, it was what the adjuster turned and I didn't want to put any torque on it. Can't remember. Either way, the allen wrench idea went out the window.

I got all four of mine by securing the shaft with a strap wrench or two. One of them was particularly difficult and required two of us each holding a strap wrench and me turning the nut on the top.