HybridZ

Baby's feelin' blue

Dan Juday

Dan, you don't know how hard it has been over the last few months restraining myself from posting progress pics. :lol: You see folks the shop thats painting Dan's fantasy Z in less than one mile from my home and I've had the privilege over going there once a week and watch the transformation. Tony Mach does awesome work at a reasonable price!

p.s. Dan, I have my own "stash" of digital pics. :D

Congratulations Dan! :rockon::2thumbs::hail::cheers:

Mark

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan' date='

I'm sure it was well worth the wait. By the way, it was good seeing you at the San Leandro meet!!! [/quote']

Yep, I second that! And the paint looks simply increadible on your car--truly brings the whole thing together, from "mish mash" to "splish splash" :D Sorry, just being rude and 'dissing' your car :D

I like that rear pic so much, I may make it wallpaper to motivate me to get the house stuff done so I can work on my car!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr. BTW, I did buy that Suburban, and it will only help me to haul parts around HAHA!

Anyone want to buy a slightly used Q45?

Davy

San Leandro was fun. Did any of you guys (Alex) take any pics of Steves Tomahawk? Believe it or not, that's not the only one with an LT1 in it. It's not a good car to show off the motor though. The hood opening is so small and the motor sit's so low (plus the Tomahawk hood is a good 3" higher than a Z) that looking at the motor is like peering into a hole.

Too bad we only had four Z's this year. Three were V8's though. And Leonard made it! :D This green guy here looks like Leonard, doesn't he?

I had a class tonight up in Sac so I stopped by to see how things are coming along. Four guys were wet sanding it with 1500 grit in preparation for the final clear coat. I didn't know they made sandpaper that fine. Tony says you can get 3000 grit too. He uses that to get a really high luster on plastic light lenses.

how much did you spend on the paint an supplies( clear coat reducer ect..)

I have no idea. I never asked. It's included in the total. He said it took about a gallon and a half of color and half that got sanded off. He did say that it was not an expensive color. Not like burgandys or , gulp, the ChromaLusion (the ones that change color) colors. Those start at $300 a pint. ...times 12 equals...bankrupt!

Dan,

Beautiful car Man!!! You are an inpiration!!! I have two questions if you have the time.....

First what is the make of the wheels that used to be on your car? I have identical ones on my 280 but can't figure out the make. Second you said your rear 1/4's are yz with a subtle z lip? Could you expand on that? I am getting ready to buy a kit from John and would love to know a little more.

I appreciate it.....looking forward to seeing the final.

Thanks Rufus,

I think you mean the wheels in my signature pic. Those are Billet Specialties, model GT 15. Centerline makes a wheel that is very similar.

The 280YZ fenders have a flush edge at the wheel opening. I wanted the fenders to match so I asked John if he would sell me just the first 3", from the wheel opening out, off the SubtleZ rear fenders. The SubtleZ kit is like the stock fender at the wheel opening and has a rolled lip detail. My body man then grafted the two together and the result is what you see in the first picture in this thread.

That make sense?

somebody come over here and help my pull my chin off the floor please!! amazing car dan, my dream right there! love the flares! how much you gonna let me have it for? haha :wink:

-Zach

Baby comes home. She had a couple of friends to greet her.

fp5.w.jpg

Talk about a dream Z garage? All V8's: Steve Cameron's Tomahawk, Jumbo's FoMoCoZ and your's truly.

Time to give some credit. Mark C. a.k.a. ZDreamer turned me on to Tony Mach. If it wasn't for Mark my car would still be sitting in my buddies garage, but we may not have been buddies anymore. Thanks to Mark (and Tony :wink: ) I have a beautiful blue Z and I still have a friend. :D

More pics will come as she gets put back together. Stay tuned!