HybridZ

what kind of music do you listen to?

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually make my own music also...

SWEET! Me too! Well, not for a while since my computer crashed, but ACID is so much fun to play with. So easy to just paint on your samples and go with what flows. Used my old Quasimidi Sirius, Sound Forge, and ACID to come up with some rather cool techno/trance and off the wall rock. I uploaded a few songs, but I uploaded them when I first started out, so they are a little repititious. One was even a fart song :D I LOVED taking a cool song chopping it up in Sound Forge, make my own mix, burn it to a CD then go drive around and listen to it and figure out what you would change in the mix untill it was just the way you want it. For some reason, I had to listen to my music in my vehicle, it just didn't sound right coming out of my 12" Cerwin's. I think the accustics just suck in my room.

I'll have to check out your stuff bastaad :wink: .

!M!

EDIT: I found my songs on acid planet. Try not to laugh.... well the fart song you can :D Man, I uploaded those in '01.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=21401&T=5298

I like eighties synthpop and new age and cruise to it alot, I think the car likes it too. Depeche Mode, New world order, Cure, Joy division, Frankie goes to Hollywood, Morrissey, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, and more I cant think of right now, too tired. I also dig Nine Inch Nails to no end, as well as trance, and hard house music.

To spice it up a bit, I listen to Bay Area/Northern California/ Reality Rap Music/Hip Hop, indigenous music and otherwise music that I can relate to. e40-top billing, no one talk when he does. Getlowplayas, RBL, Cellski, Too Short, Lil Jon, Ludicris, Scarface,Rappin FoeTAY, Dre Dog (I dont listen to Nicatinas reformed music, I listen to the real stuff, Dre DOG) IMP, JayZ, Tupac-RIPower, Notorious BIG (great lyricist, I respect that but Tupac led the West Coast movement on levels most can understand, something Biggie couldnt ever do, but it is sad to see him leave this world as well and I would have loved to see what his muse could produce if he was with us today) RIPower, Hotboys, Birdman aka Juvenile, Nas, Mobb Deep---sing along if you know the lyrics

The mobb comes equipped with warfare beware

Of a crime family that got nuff shots to share

for all those

who like to profile and pose

ill stab you in your face

slice your throat with your nosebone

your all alone in these streets cousin

we keep them shook fools running

like they suppose too

they come around

but they never come close to

I can see it inside your face

Your in the wrong place

Cowards like you just get your whole body laced up

with bullet holes

and such

speak the wrong words man and you can get touched

who knows the rest.....?

I listen to Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, and traditional Taiwanese pop intermittantly, and News Radio in stop and go traffic.

I like to listen to the harmonious sounds of a new band called the 2.5 inch pipe and the Flowmasters. Actually I don't have an option in my Z, I have no stereo.

As far as music goes, I listen to all kinds of stuff. What I'm mostly into now is metal: Superjoint Ritual, Kittie, Slipknot, etc.

I also like alot of the punk that was listed.

My latest album purchases include Northern State (which is awsome, think female Beastie Boys), Madlib, Shaddows Fall, Interpoll, Superjoint Ritual. I'll listen to just about anything except pop and modern country and rap is going through a real lul. Most of it sucks these days.

Also, Korn has realy fallen off. Their last album sucked, I was disapointed.

I'm supprized no one mentioned Clutch

Guest subdermal
I'm supprized no one mentioned Clutch
Haha Clutch is the one 'metal' band I listen to on a regular basis.. on the 4x4 forum i visit occasionally my sig was from "the great shining path..." for about the first year :) Not as much into their later stuff though, I think they peaked with the self-titled, 'Elephant Riders' was interesting but not as fun, and then it kinda slipped downwards from there. For me anyways.

Guest bastaad525

I wont install a stereo in my Z... when I drive it I want to be focused on driving and nothing else... that's how great of an experience it is and how much I love driving it. Plus the exhaust does sound sweet :)

I still have no Tunes in my Z other than the solid lifter valvetrain noise, Pete Jackson "quiet" gear drive whine, and the dual exhaust :).

But I'll probably throw an ancient radio/cassette into the car for the trip up and back to the Convention next week - 7 hours is a long drive with just the engine sounds. :)

There is that 'Stealth Audio' system made by Custom AutoSound here in CA. All the electronics are hidden, including head unit, and you have a fully functional remote that can be installed in the sun visor etc. Very cool looking, but speakers will still be visible :roll: .

Tim