HybridZ

All fiberglass Z doors

Guest Speedmade

OK, I have THREE volunteers! Thanks, guys.

I’ll be happy to work with you. It’s been a while since I made any of these parts, so I need to check with my glass guy to make certain of the cost. As I said in my earlier posting, I’ll be happy to let you have them for my cost…plus shipping of course.

Mark, I don't know the year range of the latch off the top of my head, but I will look into it on Monday.

One interesting thing that I forgot to mention: The inner panel completely encloses the interior door (as I alluded to in my description of the nut plates and the need to leave the panels unbonded) and eliminates the need for interior upholstry.

Thanks again to all who responded!

Yes...and no. Check out the FAQs at http://www.reactionresearch.com/Faqs.htm and scroll down to "Fiberglass Specifications". Click the "more" link just under that paragraph for my take on carbon fiber.

Carbon is definitely "stiffer," but the "stronger" part is a whole 'nother thing!

Having said that, however, "If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time!" I can make some really nice carbon parts (witness the hood vents at http://www.reactionresearch.com/hoodvents.html) using clear gelcoat so the weave will show up.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to all of you on the fiberglass doors. Getting ready for and attending the SEMA trade show took a lot out of me. I'm trying to catch up.

I snapped a photo of the mold of the inner panel mold and have posted it at

http://www.reactionresearch.com/zglassdoor.html

Someone asked me for a photo of the exterior. Of course, it looks just like stock, so I'm not sure what good that particular photo would do. However, if whoever wanted it can contact me and let me know why, I'll see what I can do!

I still haven't worked out the pricing on the parts yet, but hope to do so in the next few weeks.

I agree with Scottie. A fiberglass hatch would be nice. A fiberglass 'Pantera' style hatch would be even better!! That way the rear glass (which makes up about 60% of the oem hatch's weight) can be deleted and a smaller peice of lexan can be used for the rear vertical window!

Tim

I for sure WILL buy a hatch, my car is hlaf fiberglass to begin with and my rusty old hatch was going to be replaced with a fiberglass one. Unfortunatly i am force to go with showcars, so if anyone can produce one that is somewhat reasonable (IE not $700) i would buy in a heartbeat.

Ryan