HybridZ

Air impact wrench machine gun

Ferd/289

Yes, most IR's can be rebuilt. Unless you bought the gun off a truck (not likely unless you're a tech) then you'll probably have to contact IR about getting replacement parts and/or having it rebuilt.

The IR231...that's a composite model correct? I'm suprised you're having any kind of issue with that "weapon"

A few guys at work had the IR231 I think...I opted for a CH that I got at WalMart. Believe it or not, but, the $69 CH I got from Walmart was just about as strong as their $300 IR's, but, it did weight a bit more, that didn't bother me however.

Just buy the new IR TNT...1000Ft-Lbs of torque!!!! I bought one and boy is it nice! Of course I use it every day at work so I didnt want to buy a cheap one. It costed me $250 and it is worth every penny! I havent encountered a bolt that I couldnt get off with it yet. :D

Guy

Fred,

I used to work in East Dallas, near the State Fair, at the corner of Peak & Perry. There you will find a shop named "Automotive Test". The owner's name was John Maresh: we rebuilt Hydraulic tools for all the tool truck guys.

I have not been over there in quite a few years: the ph# 214.827.6720

Since the area codes have changed a few times since then-you might try looking him up in the phone book or calling infomation.

Heck, he may not even be there anymore-but atleast try looking him up. If he is there you can atleast get an estimate of a rebuild for your gun prior to buying a new one.

What usually happens to air guns is their users will not oil the gun prior to using it: the vanes in the air motor will wear away due to friction. A rebuild will get you new gaskets, seals, & vanes.

Good luck,

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)