HybridZ

subtle Z pictures

Guest chip

Here are some pictures of My install of the subtleZ rear quarters.

molding the panels in

2.jpg

3.jpg

We cut a piece of metal to fill in the gap between the quarter panel and the tire well, than a liberal coating of bondo. After I put the gravel tex over this it really looks good.

1.jpg

First coat of primer

4.jpg

5.jpg

undercoating with graveltex. I used this underneath and in the engine bay. Engine bay and underside will be painted same as the topside of car.

6.jpg

Guest Zachb55

what brand of primer did you use? what color are you planning to paint it? i sure wish i had gone with a tan primer like that instead of the dark grey. i painted my car yellow, and if you've ever painted yellow you know that it doesnt cover for crap, i put two gallons on my entire project and still see a little grey coming through in places, though i just hope its my imagination. anyways im sure it would have worked a lot better had i gone with a lighter primer, but i wasnt sure on what color to paint it until just before i did, so there was nothin i could do. good luck with the rest of the project!

-Zach

Wagz, Gravel tex is a paintable undercoating. I must be spelling it wrong because I cant find any info for it on the web. I will swing by the body shop where I got it and get the info.

Zach, My first coat of primer on the bare metal was grey epoxy. I'm not real sure what the second tan/yellow color is other than it was a "high build" primer. I Just bought what was recommended to me. I will get the info tonight.

Guest BigWhyteDude

can you guestimate at how much the unibody weighs by its self? doesnt look like more that 4-5 hundred pounds to me. I usta be able to squat that about a year ago :-D

wouldnt have a clue on the weight. It's pretty lite though, when we put it on and took it off the rottissori I was able to hold up one end while my friend positioned the stand.

Chip,

What do you think of the quality of the glass fenders ??? I am planning on using the Reaction research Subtle Z fenders on my EP car . I checked out all the other guys who had them and think they look great .

Mike

Zdriver.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BigWhyteDude

so the subtle z fender flares are actualy the entire quarter panel??? or am i just stupid and o seeing things the right way? I love the way the subtle flares look. Awsome are they sheet metal or fiberglass?

• 2 weeks later...