HybridZ

Amateur needs some help???

:-D Hello guys, I got a quick question for you. Here is my ploblem. My car is making a pretty loud "pop" metalic noise when driving & turning eighter direction, and i'm able to feel it through the floor pans. Is feels like someone is hitting somenting with a hammer. The thing is that it does not make the noise all the time. It makes the noise more often if i'm driving slow (20-30 mph) and when passing over a bump or a hole on the street. So far i visually inspected the suspencion and steering components and i don't see anything broken or out of place. When the car is parked i bouce the suspencion up and down, front to back, side to side and I hear nothing.

Recently I got all of the bushings replaced with polyurethane ones, got new shocks, springs, strutbars. All this was done before that sound apeared. I'm just starting to work on cars so I have no clue :?: of what it could be? :( I you guys could help me i would really appreciate it. Thanks. :-D

PS My car is a '73 240z.

Guest Anonymous

I'm with Tim, sounds like TC rods are loose. Try to tighten the Big nut on the rear of the TC rod. Also check to make sure both ends of the sway bar are hooked up. Mark