HybridZ

confirmed! broke turbo!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

ok, my turbo broke so I took it apart today, here are the pics! I think it was a crappy rebuild. I don't recommend Majestic, this is two majestic turbos that I know of that have blown up in a months time, right Jersey?

almost off the car.

731832nointake.JPG

not a good sign!

731833brktrbo1.JPG

$*(#@$(#$)

731834brktrbo.JPG

look at the distances between the compressor walls and the compressor blades on these next two pics! The blade was not spun between the pics, it was just rocked back and forth. that's some serious axial play right there.

731835brktrbo2.JPG

731836brktrbo3.JPG

this is just a stock nissan t3 turbocharger that came on an 83 280zx, it was rebuilt in july '03, and run since mid august '03. less than a thousand miles, no high boost at all, no spiking and I had a new oil supply line that obviously worked. it is still under warranty, we'll see how much of a pain in the ass it is to get this thing fixed again.

Guest szlash280z

thanks for the recommendation, but this thing is under warranty still and I won't have to pay for the repairs if I send it back to the guys that did it. if they don't do it right again, then I'll get my money back.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest szlash280z

I was running at 8psi when it blew. they said it died from oil starvation! I don't see how because I never lost oil pressure, but maybe my oil distribution block is messed up, I am going to take it off and check it. My oil line is new.