HybridZ

Big thanks to the Judays for the BBQ!!!

Before I head off to work I wanted to thank both the Juday family for hosting as well as everyone who showed up for the get together - it was really nice to meet all of you in person. 2thumbs.gif

Best of luck to all on your projects, may they go smooth and hopefully I'll see ya out on the road...

cheers.gif

Heavy Z

Yep, thanks to Dan for hosting the No Cal HybridZ BBQ. It was a lot of fun and the bench racing was out of this world! Great meeting Heavy Z (Brett) and seeing Lone, Z-Dreamer (Mark), Eric, Rick, Aux, Ernie, and that's all I can remember...

We has a fun time and the guys are really great to talk to regarding swaps--a ton of knowledge there. Conversation went from motorcycles, to boats, to engines, to whatever!

Too bad Ron & Jon & Nic missed the BBQ!

Davy

You're all very welcome. We had a great time too. Thanks to everyone for coming. Jon, I really missed you. Thought for sure you and Ron would come. I wasn't serious about thrashing your car 'till the diff strap broke. And Donna, what happened?

Eric took pics all day. E-mail him and beg him to post a few. Especially the "only friends" shot of Don and Mark (Lone and ZDreamer)!

Guest Anonymous

Heh, ahem, what picture.... And just in case it DOES get posted, yes we ARE JUST FRIENDS... :D

Thanks a bunch Dan, it was a great time, very relaxing, great bunch of guys I tell ya. Great seeing everyone, this is one thing I will miss about being up in sacto, and thats these get togethers with this bunch, funny funny guys. Eric was snapping pictures all day which I'm sure are up to his usual high standards (well I'm hoping at least one didn't turn out real well... :mad: haha...). Super time, thanks again, and I'll virtually see you all later. :D

Regards,

Lone

Sorry Everyone...

I was really looking forward to going... But today just wasn't my day. Or should I say my ZXT day. Found a broken piston ring. Friend of mine confirmed my worst fear tonight.

Next time smile.gif

Donna

Guest gprix1

Looks like the next one will be at my place eek2.gif

Got the fort for the kids complete with the "dungeon". So that Queen Amanda and the War Party can hold the refreshments hostage. :D

Seeing Dan's car again has 'almost' inpired me to get off my butt and get going on my car again.

WE had a great time at Dan & Billie Juday's home Saturday for a local BBQ and mini Z meet. The food was good, the company and bench racing was better! Nice meeting Ernie aka "RacerX", Alex, Rick, Brett aka "HeavyZ", Eric and others. I hope we do this again and soon! How about Sacramento next time?

P.S. And yes, Lone and I are "Just Friends"! :D

Mark 2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

Dan Juday: Nate is looking to find some "5 star wheels" for his Vello Rossa in 15 inch at 8 and 10 inches wide and I just got a good look at yours.I like em! What are they, where from and 4 lug?? It appears that a hub cover hides the lugnuts. He is looking for a 3 1/2 inch backspace all around.

Guest nezzie76

Don't worry about it. I wanted the star wheels by Eagle that you see alot on other VRs. I called the manufacturer today and was informed that the don't make them for datsun anymore. Then he said that nobody makes wheels for datsun anymore which I informed him that he was telling me a bunch of hog wallop. Anyways, Centerline makes a couple of nice wheels that should work. I'm trying to find them at a decent price though...

Late chiming in here! I'll follow suit - the bbq was great, I got some useful info, and gave some useful (i hope?) info as well... As for the car thrashing, I think Dan Juday was doing that on my car on the stiffest settings (tokiko illuminas on 5, GC coilovers with 200lb/in springs all around, pu and pg bushings, 1" front sway bar and scca's vented toyota kit). He and Z dreamer both found the car to be quite stiff (no pun intended) and have no further use of their prostates!

just kidding :)O

Guest Anonymous

Hope you all enjoyed the recent BBQ pics. Too bad Jumbo, Ron and Donna didn't make it. because I wanted them in the pics of the day. Hearing later that Donna got some bummer news about a possible cracked ring certainly gave her good reason to stay home. Sad to hear.

First off, thanks much to Dan & Billie Juday for hosting such an enjoyable BBQ and HybridZ gathering.

Secondly,, I'd like to thank Lone & ZDreamer for being such good sports in letting me publish several 'distinctive' photos of them both at the BBQ. My "...really, they're just friends" portrait may well become my signature shot for months to come?

Dan & talked over his wheel options several times and when he showed me the variety offered by Billet.com? I recommended 2 designs, one of which he later chose. IMO, that design will stand the test of time in a way that many other current trendy designs will not. 10 years from now those most likely will still enhance the value of the finished project.

Oddly, I have not yet taken a really clean shot of his installed wheels. I'll have to get to that soon so you all can see the look clearly.

I'm not up on all the current wheel designs still available in the market, but Konig seems to doing some cool stuff plus Panasport, Revolution, Centerline, Ultras?, Monoquels and several others seem to still be making great looking 4 lug wheels.

Sleek Z (aka Eric Neyerlin)

Are you talking about that brown 240 that's sitting on the cross street? Davy and I checked it out, it'd make a great parts car, but for a project.... it has frame rust and pretty torn up frame rail on the driver's side, along wit some other issues. Just my 2 cents when we checked it out on april 6th meet. I think he wanted about 300 back then for the car? don't quote me on that

Guest Anonymous

RacerX

I checked over the 73 240Z pretty close months ago and decided it was not even worth towing to the yard free as a parts car let alone pay $200-$300 for it.

Most noticably, I found the rail sections under the floor back to behind the seats was letting go from the body at the spot welds due to rust.

btw, ALL, I have 4 very straight Z car bodies that I have been stripping for awhile that are still rolling unibodies. Recent city zoning changes may force me to cut them up and dispose of them ASAP , but I hate the idea of doing this because all 4 unibodies would make excellent project bodies for hot rods, body kits, convertibles or as solid bodies to swap out your good parts from a rusted out or wrecked Z car. The years of the shells I have to dispose of are 71, 73, 75 and 77.

Anybody interested to make me an offer and take away the stipped shells ASAP for a cheap price?

Please contact me at eric@zparts.com or 510-233-2624 if you can use one or more of the shells. Keep in mind, they will be straight, but pretty stripped and possibly not rolling within 2 weeks.

Sleek Z

Guys, thanks for the pics of this event and sharing with us the discussions, etc.

I found Eric's pictures and critique of Dan's custom body work most interesting. Dan, get some paint on that thing, and it will look absolutely killer! I love the product of all the mixing and matching you've done. Great out-of-the-box thinking there!

Mark, Lone, I never would have guessed - j/k! :eek:

Aux, that Z of yours is stunning I love the wheels! Oh, and I like the shot of the "CIVIC" Acura Integra - what a loser!

Eric, it's a very sad thing to hear that 4 good Z shells may get cut to pieces. I'd KILL (well, almost) just to have one of them to put in storage. And that Z you talked about being across the street from Dan's would probably fetch way more than $300 here on the mid-east US coast. Sounds like minimal work compared to what I went through!

I am sorry I couldn't make it. I made a commitment to work on my sister in law's house and I couldn't back out of it. It sounds like you all had a great time and I hope I will be able to make the next one. Thanks again for the invitation Dan.

Mike D.

Originally posted by pparaska:

Aux, that Z of yours is stunning I love the wheels! Oh, and I like the shot of the "CIVIC" Acura Integra - what a loser!

Now you guys know where most of my ricey humor pictures come from smile.gif just offchance of having the camera in the passenger seat smile.gif

Oh, and the wheels are Ronals 15x7 - they actually belong to DavyZ who's kind enough to let me borrow them. Thanks for the compliment, truthfully when we got davy's pc up and running, i showed him the thread where you said you took your wife for a spin, and we sat there for 5 minutes drooling over your car. Then Davy had his wife drool over your car too! hehe