HybridZ

Oil pan gasket

Georgia Flash

just do it when you do the trans swap while trans is down.

it can be done in car, now is when that 1/4 impact comes in handy

lots of small bolts holding it on

remember to be nice to the two guides in the rear of pan.

havent had to do it in car, but ive been under the car layin there on my back contemplating that I COULD do it in the car :D

I've done it on my L28 in a '73 240Z. I remember that I had to rotate the pan when getting it out/in. Wasn't real easy but definitely do-able. I'm no mechanical wonder-boy :oops:

I have read on some forum that the orientation of the crank can cause problems, depending upon which piston happens to be in the "down" position. I had not thought of that but it sounds reasonable. Something to remember if you get stuck!

Thanks for the input guys, fl327 I do not have the ZX tranny as of yet but I may be heading in that direction soon. BTW there isn't really anything wrong with the 4-speed that is in the car now it just seems like the engine revs a little high in fourth like it wants a fifth gear to go to but can't.

Is there a certain model of ZX that I should look for or do all of them have pretty much the same 5-speed tranny?