HybridZ

MAF after the turbo??

BRAD D

Hey Sleeper, I have to disagree with the BOV thing. If you're using a MAF or AFM upstream of the turbo, then the metered air will be incorrect when you vent the BOV to atmosphere. This would make your on/off throttle transitions a bit choppy.

Hey Sleeper, I have to disagree with the BOV thing. If you're using a MAF or AFM upstream of the turbo, then the metered air will be incorrect when you vent the BOV to atmosphere. This would make your on/off throttle transitions a bit choppy.

That's ok. Personally, I'd never run a BOV, preferring to recirculate. But I know lots of people who just vent it. It's not good for driveability, but it still keeps the turbo from stalling.

Guest bastaad525

Same here... had my BOV vented and the car did all kinds of wacky things... big black clouds coming from the exhaust between shifts, running real choppy pretty much whenever I wasn't accelerating, and really bad if I was decelerating. I still dont understand how ANY person running a turbo Z can just leave the BOV vented and not notice these problems... but people here do it...

I run a BOV, and I really like it. Drivability hasnt been affected at all by it.

HKS ssqv, opens and closes extremely fast, and pull type mechanism insures it will not leak at idle. good unit and will never recirculate a bov as long as i run boost. its not a BOV if its recirculated, its a RV or a DV.

I dont stall, and throttle response is very good IME.

Its just me, I like turbo noise, like straight EWG dumps and BOVs.