HybridZ

Megaquirt install progress pics

jkube

Here's a few pics of the Fuel injection install. Megasquirt will handle the fuel and a 280zx electronic distributor will handle spark.

I've got a few more things to install.. fuel pump and regulator (when they arrive) air intake filter and a couple of sensor connectors. Since the pics were taken the open ports on the intake have been blocked off, and the relay board has been fully wired.

I've been working on an adapter to install a TPS from a late model Chev. That will give a linear voltage increase rather than the Nissan's "switch" type activation.

album_pic.php?pic_id=2213

album_pic.php?pic_id=2215

Wire loom and MAP sensor tubing location. Also "D" shape fuel rail and location of pressure gage

album_pic.php?pic_id=2214

Air intake pic. Air intake sensor is located in the first port in the rubber elbow. A cone type filter still needs to be installed

album_pic.php?pic_id=2216

Relay board location. The connector is the DB37 that runs to the main ECU in the passenger compartment

album_pic.php?pic_id=2217

Exhaust gas sensor location in the header. There is another one further downstream where the collector merges into one. I'll try that postion later to see if it makes any difference

I hope The other O2 sensor is a heated one. I used one in the same location as in the picture (6into1 manifold though) And it didn't get hot enough to operate. Now I have a heated one in there (three wire) wich is hooked up to the fuel pump wire. It only starts heating when the engine is running. I also reinstalled the auxilary air valve. This worked great for extra air when starting cold. Just wire it into the fuel pump line aswell.

then let the tuning begin.

xander

I've been working on an adapter to install a TPS from a late model Chev. That will give a linear voltage increase rather than the Nissan's "switch" type activation.

89+ maxima or 240sx tps bolts on has both the switch and the resistor type tps and is a direct bolt-on.

I have yet to get MSnS working. I am also starting to get a 'dirty' tach signal below 1,000 rpms, so idle quality is terrible.

Gonna put some more time in trying to get the 7pin HEI to work with the stock '77 dizzy.

• 4 weeks later...

Boyd,

Did you get your MS to recieve a clean signal from the coil?

I've been having having a #@#%^ of time trying to get the car to do more than judt idle. Seems just as I step on the throttle the MS signal resets.

I'm going to either put together an HEI setup or go with Perry Harringtons setup.

Send me an email on your progress

Boyd,

I had a problem with a jumping tach signal around and below 1000 rpm. It would somethimes jump to more than 10.000 rpm for an instand. After installing the "Dave" capacitor modification it all went away. I now run 700 rpm at idle no problem.

jkube,

I read somewhere in the megasquirt manual about this problem. Something about grounding the trigger signal externaly instead of on the board. I'm not sure. But I am sure the problem was talked about.

good luck to both of you,

Xander

Yes thanks xander. I tried this trick as well and it made no diference to the problem. I was really surprised and dissapointed.

I'm going to try the HEI setup next and if this doesnt work I'll move on to Perry Harrington's new isolation circuit setup.