HybridZ

I'll be watching all of you...

ZR8ED

My car has gone into winter jail this weekend...very depressing, as I just took delivery of some new parts I would have loved to install and start playing with....

Its been a heck of a season for me with wild highs and brutal lows, all of which equate to large $$$$$ spent on the Z.

My 240 will be packed up this weekend as well...I want to keep it as a low budget project, so It will sleep till spring as well....

SOoooo I have no Z's to keep me occupied, so I intend on living vicariously through others!

So on to your projects folks! I'll watch, read, listen, laugh, take notes, make jokes, help where ever I can, help even if it is not needed, heck I might even help when I don't know what I'm talking about! :shock: ..just kidding on the last one :P

Its benchracing season for me!!!

Yehawwww!

well off topic but i just wanna say that your car in this pic is just NUTS!

if my Z even looked half as nice i could die a happy man...

album_pic.php?pic_id=2002

just a crazy sick looking car.. BY FAR the nicest Z on this site!

mike

im not saying anything bad towards anybody elses Z's on here... heck mine is prob the last on the list for nicest, and everybodys on here is way nicer then mine... mines prob the most messed up one on this site right now.. but sorry to all ZR8ED's is the nicest.......

mike

ZR8ED

I also LOVE your car!! Might I ask what kind of rear flares those are?

I live in Buffalo and also put my car away this weekend. I have a bunch of mods planned including fender flares so if you could spare the time to tell me a little abot your rear flares and spoiler I would greatly appreciate it!! I would love to see it in person so if you have it out this spring or even before that I would hop the border in a second to get a first hand look!! thanks,

Rufus

ON3GO,

I sent you a PM asking about your sweet ride as well. Did you get it?

Did your dad get your ride hieght staightend out?

Rufus

I do love the stance of ZR8ED's Z. Definitely inspiring. That is actually the look I'll be going for on my '77!

Now that he wants to live in our world I'll help him join mine since him and I haven't talked to each other in awhile.

My '74 is now in paint jail(as noted by my sig pic) getting a great work over by a very good body man and then it will be sprayed with artic white and then a clear coat containing gun metal metallic. During this time I'm in the process of cleaning ALL the stainless steel from the Z in preperation of gun metal powder coat. Just as I get the Z back, the rims will get the same prep work in the center. I have plans for the hood vents, rear light surround and fiberglass bumpers to be painted the same gun metal metallic. As I get everything back I will start putting all the finished parts back together. The motor that was in it will go back in for now. This will get it back to driver/weekend status. I already have the rebuilt turbo block and p90 head, which needs a rebuild(I already have the parts for this). The '75 intake is being prep'd and DFI is on my list of credit debt. I've had the plan for some time it's just the funds to get me there. Remodeling my house has slowed it down some, but I see turbo by spring time hopefully! With help from all my friends in the area and from this board I WILL make this a show AND go package. :wink: to you ZR8ED for raising the bar to all of us.

Seriously, your right. I love those rear flares....I cant wait ti see Darius's new Z when finished. he had something similiar going on. That looks bad ass for sure...good job. The cool thing about being a member of this site is that no matter who has what etc, we are all being represented. With that said I guess we all have about 6000 cars that we own... :D

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with the look of the car. I still have my rear belly pan to install (already been fabbed on a metal brake). Still some detail stuff to clean up as well..and for good reason..

Some members of my Z club are trying to arrange a group deal to have our cars shipped to the MSA show next year. If we can get the price reasonable, you will find my black beast sitting there..hood open of course...it may not be a show engine...but I'm sure it still has some "geewiz" factor going for it. :wink: 8)

Rufus: Are you a member of a local z club?.. my club shares events with the Rochester group...we go to some of theirs and they attend some of our events as well. I'm only 2.5hrs from NiagraFalls. You may want to attend some of our events.... Our "Zfest 2003" was larger than the national Z convention...157 cars were there. We have events all over southern Ontario. I've managed to meet quite a few fellow Hybridz members over the years..I hope to meet a lot more.

Also: I ordered my air dam from a catalogue at a local speed shop almost 14 years ago...I have no idea who made it anymore..only that I have not seen one exactly like since.. the MSA unit is pretty close..

The rear flares are fibreglass, and have that spoiler as part of the mould. The flares are from a set of moulds I aquired a few years ago. They were hand shaped for a race car owner. He never used them cause they were too big hehehe. He still runs a similar flare..but only about 4 inches..hehehe. Mine are a one off, and I have still hold the moulds for them. The three vents at the rear were designed by my mech and myself to let trapped air out so they would not act as a parachute hehehe. The mesh is expanded aluminum, and are simply epoxied in place from the inside of the flare... The mould is the entire quarter panel.. all of the C pillar..to the tail lights, all the way around to the back of the doors. most of the original quarter panels have been removed, and the inner fender was rebuilt to accomodate the new fender... all of it was bonded on and rivited... they are not perfect, but have the look of an original hand made design...I may have them reworked slightly when I repaint the car..I'm happy with them none the less... 8)

Johnathan aka Spotfitz: Glad to see you haven't given up on your project. Its a long road for sure, and tough to keep the enthusiasim going when you haven't seen the car on the road for a long time..

Good luck to all on their respective projects.

haha don't be watching my z...nothing is going to be happening for it for a long time. reasons, I don't have the money, I don't know what i'm doing inside an engine, and my dad is sick of working on cars heh.

only thing that is being done to it is i'm gettin new mags this week. thats about all thats ognna happen to it for a long time.