HybridZ

Do Not Park on the Streets of Isla Vista

Guest PBooty

I hope you didn't park it on Del Playa (spelling?) during Halloween. I heard the cars were destroyed. I didn't get a chance to see, because I didn't want to put up with 10,000 hammered people on one street.

This year it was estimated to be between 40-50,000 people..

I saw a lot of people dancing and hoods of cars, denting them beyond belief, as well as many smashed windows and mirrors. So sad.. :(

But no i didn't park on del Playa, I live like 4 blocks away. And it was a whole other weekend entirely.

I was sitting in a grocery parking lot waiting for my mom years ago when this car pulled into the slot next to me. The woman on my side flung her door open so hard it rocked my car - with me in it! I stared open mouthed at her as she got out. If looks could kill I would have been ashes. Since it was obvious she felt it was her right to trash other folks cars too I just very calmly unlocked my door and opened it with enough force to rock her car. Unfortunately for her, my car was a '55 Plymouth 4-dr. that had wedge shaped chrome molding down the side and the point of the wedge on the edge of my door actually penetrated the side of her car. She stopped, looked, looked at me as I calmly stared at her, and then turned and walked away. What a scene. Many times I've wished I had that old Plymouth for just that reason.

Just be happy the mirror broke without damaging the door or the paint.

no lie. my sister bought a new VW cabrio a few years ago. the only place she could usually park is on the street and it got keyed all along the side of the car. so she parked behind the building still got keyed! it was actually one of her neigbors. now she has an old MX-3 and that got keyed by the same person. now she lives in a gated condo place. im afraid of parking at school too because ive heard people talking about going to the parkinglot at lunch and slashing tires.

Just be happy the mirror broke without damaging the door or the paint.

no lie. my sister bought a new VW cabrio a few years ago. the only place she could usually park is on the street and it got keyed all along the side of the car. so she parked behind the building still got keyed! it was actually one of her neigbors. now she has an old MX-3 and that got keyed by the same person. now she lives in a gated condo place. im afraid of parking at school too because ive heard people talking about going to the parkinglot at lunch and slashing tires.

Keying is another thing that jsut pisses me off :evil:

My parents bought me a used accord when i graduated highshool, to take to college. That got keyed within a month, while i was working at the mall.

Also, my girlfriend got a new 2002 RSX type S, and it got key all up the driver's side while parked in the driveway of her house here at school.

Some people just don't have repect these days.

I left my Z at the end of the driveway one night because I was just too tired to switch all the cars around and put it in the garage. One of the neighbours boarders had a disagreement with his landlord a sprayed furniture stripper on his landlord’s new minivan. Front to back and top to bottom. The bastard had some left and sprayed my fender and hood. A one inch thick stripe about two feet long. You could tell the can had just gone empty. A year later the creep came back and sprayed the Minivan again! I had learned my lesson and had parked the car in the garage ever since.

The scar is still on there. Paint and body work takes so much time I have just not been able to get at it for over five years.

I have a good idea who did this. No proof. I am not an overly vindictive person so I let it go.

What I learned was…If you have a ride you value, you need to watch where you leave it unattended. Put it in a garage when at home, if you have one, or as much as my lady hates it, we walk from the far side of the parking lot where it sits next to a Vette or something under a big light. I will never take my car downtown and leave it unattended.

We put a lot of work into these Zs and we are responsible for protecting that work from the wondering morons of the world.

I have to get off of my soap box now, I'm just too upset…

Cheers…:::Glenn