HybridZ

Ramflow Airfilters for triple webers

Nismo280zEd

TWM, did not do a bunch of testing on this airbox, I asked them about that some time ago.

TWM is or was CANNON, the same company that manufactured the long runner manafold for Z cars some years back. They have been bought or sold a few times in between, but I understand that it is the same core group. So they have a clue when it comes to fabricating this type of solution.

Nismo, good luck. :D I hope your solution works well. Would like to see the photos when your done.

Were you thinking like a NACA duct or something? I had thought about that for awhile, and came to the conclusion that it would be easier to do something routed to the radiator support (also high pressure area). That way you don't have to worry about sealing against the hood scoop, which needs to open and close.

Jon

I looked at the possibility of putting a NACA duct on the hood of my Z for a ram flow solution, but in order to put it somewhere, where it would be effective it would look really nasty. I agree the opening in the core support would work much better. Older racing Z's in Japan used the core support opening for that exact application.

I'm not sure what an NACA duct looks like.... i was just looking a generic scoop i could add.. was thinking about one on either side of the raised hood edge on the center... so the ducks would angle out continuing the curve, but i think im not going to do it because i don't want to ahve to worry about water problems again, had a nightmare with rain in my EFI 280.

No. I have not requested a quote from these guys. I am sure you can contact them for pricing. There are several different styles available, from several manufactures.

Good luck.

Awesome Racing at Willow Springs Yesterday!! Wahoo!! 5+ 240z's at least 8 510's and 4 Roadsters!! All fast cars!!- at the fastest 2.5 mile track in the west! And the home for the trackday for the National Z Convention next year!!!

Oh Yeah, the CAN AM cars and TRANS AM cars were pretty cool too...

• 1 year later...
I've worked with fiberglass for several years in marine and automotive applications. I don't see y creating a fiberglass box would be more costly or hard to create? and i would only need one mold of cardboard to make it. Rather simple i think.... maybe i'm missing the complication here? first piece would be all metal with holes for wing nuts and screw to go threw. the plate would bolt right to the carbs. Then the fiberglass would just have a metal flange embeded in it with matching holes. Then to fight the cone filter' date=' just cut off a piece of my old CAI intake pipe and fiberglass that in it as well and woolah. Fiberglass cone intake that allows airhorns to be run.

-Ed[/quote']

Any progress on the air box?