HybridZ

What's a cowl hood worth? Umm, RacerX?

JKDGabe

Somehow I suspected those would be the responses, it was that or "oh, about $20 - I'll take it off your hands". :wink:

Let me put it this way then: assuming that you're doing this for a customer, what would you charge to affix the scoop if you're supplying the bondo and sandpaper?

If you would have stated what your question was after, ie: a buying price, or a seller price, you may not have been dissapointed in the responces you received.

I did not know if you were wanting to know what I would pay for it, or what you should try and get for it. :roll:

Also, what "scoop" are you refering to??

I am wanting to know what you, or any other person who is looking for one would pay for it. I don't see why there should be any signifigant disparity between the price I would have to pay to obtain one and what I could sell this one for.

I said "scoop" but meant "cowl".

I bought my 1 piece hood with 3 1/2 inch cowl for 385.00 canadian funds. I reiterate, IT IS A 1 PIECE not a stock hood that is modded. I can take a pic if you wnat to know the difference in the finished look. Is what you have a metal hood with fiberglass scoop of a fiber hood and scoop?

I can email them to ya if you want. A hood with fiberglass scoop done REAL well might get ..............I dunno..........$250.00???Shoot me your email via PM or email me

The nice thing about the 1 piece I got was that it is built to be a sealed cowl. The underside is finished in a way that it can be sealed to the air filter assembly.

TO mount one on a Z I had about 12 years ago, a guy charged me $270 and delivered it in primer. He supplied the materials. I supplied the Cowl and hood...

Do NOT scrimp when paying for good body work. Make sure you get the best work, and prepare to pay an expensive, yet fair price...

Ask Pete P. how expensive things can get to get the Right body and paint on your Z!

Mike