HybridZ

Been a while, I know, but an update.

alsil

Hey guys, been a bit since I've been up on here, been buys as hell.

And on with the news!

My son is done with Chemo. He lost a bit of hair, but otherwise is doing OK. He starts Radiation Monday for 3 weeks. So after Thanksgiving it will be all over. We definately have something to give thanks for.

The Insurance carrier (who will remain nameless, although I add A-Hole to the name when I speak of them) has decided NOT to screw us, after getting a lawyer and showing them the error of their ways. Thanks for all the support you guys have shown.

Other News:

If any of you guys are in Chicago, I'm playing the Jeff Buckley Birthday Tribute Show at Uncommon Ground Monday the 17th. Youc an check out the details here:

http://www.uncommonground.com/buckley.htm

Looking forward to it. It's a small charity show they do in his memory every year, people from all over the world play it, and I wa lucky enough to be chosen.

ALSO...

Doing a tour this spring from March 12-21 to go from Portland, OR to Austin, TX and back for SXSW 2004 (http://www.sxsw.com). Going to hit Boise, Salt Lake City, Denver, Tulsa, Austin, Albuquerque, Las Vegas, and hopefully San Francisco. That is going to be fun.

And the sad news...

I have no car to work on. For now, this stuff is going to have to do....you know, priorities. Maybe after all this is over! :-D

Thanks!

Al

al....

thanksgiving definitely carries a world of meaning for you this year! :D my deepest wishes to your son for his complete recovery.

and what i'd give to be involved in that buckley tribute.... for those of you who don't know i'm a musician myself and he was definitely one of my inspirations. any thoughts on what songs you're doing?

and any plans on an east coast tour? :?:

The Insurance carrier (who will remain nameless, although I add A-Hole to the name when I speak of them) has decided NOT to screw us, after getting a lawyer and showing them the error of their ways.

YES! Way to stick it to them! I refer to my insurance company the same way. I was actually wondering how your situation was turning out. Glad to hear your son is doing well.

I'm not far from Chitown, a few buddies and I might have to check out your music.

!M!

Hey Guys! Thanks for the replies.

Terry - have been around, just haven't had anything to contribute lately - been busy with other crazy things.

Teh Jeff Buckley show is sold out, but anyone who lives in the area, tell me how to figure out how to find stuff! Confusing! I figured out about taking the orange line from Midway to the Red Line, but finding a reasonable hotel is pathetic! Think I'm gonna just get there and look around. They want like $100 for a night!

Gonna have a few hours before we have to load in and soundcheck and stuff.....actually....

I have reservations to 2 for the show.....if anyone wants to go....already paid for....free show! My wife couldn't make it so I'm going alone. Any takers?

Thanks

Al

Glad you are still around, Al! And, I'm even happier to hear that your son will be around W/O anymore chemo!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

You're right: that is certainly one thing (among many) to be thankful for this season.

Keep checking in on us once in a while!

Davy

I am sure it is too late at this point, but I would be interested in seeing your show. As for cheep hotels, I have lived here all my life, and I still dont know of any cheep hotels in the city (at least one that i would tell any one to stay in). and I am glad to hear that things are looking up for your family.

scott

• 4 weeks later...
And on with the news!

My son is done with Chemo. He lost a bit of hair' date=' but otherwise is doing OK. He starts Radiation Monday for 3 weeks. So after Thanksgiving it will be all over. We definately have something to give thanks for...snip...Thanks!

Al[/quote']

Alsil, a very late response but I haven't been on this board much at all for some 10 mos. I went into announcments to try and post where I saw your mention of your son's diagnosis. Sad to be diagnosed but great to be diagnosed with something they're typically very good at treating. (hard to be thankful for at the time, it does grow on you later) I've had Hodgkin's Disease (cancer of the lymph system) twice now (1992 & 1997) touch wood., the last time involving an autologous bone marrow transplant. ANYTHING you may want to talk about, or your son, feel free to contact me at any time. I went thru a lot and I often say my family went thru more as the caregivers. He'll be tired from the radiation, and perhaps some burns but they'll all heal in the wonderful way our bodies rejuvenate. SLow as you know but the body does get it done!

I hope you and yours had a fine Thanksgiving and most of all I wish the best of health to all of you.

Thanks! Just got off the phone with him, sounds like my kid again, talking about video games and food! We are so happy that this is just abotu over. He's coming up for a couple of weeks for Christmas soon, can't wait!

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

- Al

Thanks! Just got off the phone with him' date=' sounds like my kid again, talking about video games and food! We are so happy that this is just abotu over. He's coming up for a couple of weeks for Christmas soon, can't wait!

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

- Al[/quote']

GREAT to hear Al, reading your reply puts my hair on end and moistens my eyes :-D