HybridZ

Blitzkrieg

auxilary

Holy Schmidt!

That last explosion was freaking incredible! Man that would be one heck of an experience to feel that kind of blast. I’m very curious about what that must have felt like (only curious as long as I don’t loose any limbs, or bodily function)

But wow.

hmmm, guys. stop talking german. This was in the netherlands. I often see this. Americans can't tell the difference between german/dutch/danish/swedish etc... well I guess I can live with that. I can't tell the difference between vietnamese and thais either.

This happened on 13 of may 2000 in the city off Enschede in the east off holland. I believe the guy that you see filming didn't survive that last blast. A whole neighbourhood was destroyed. 22 died, 950 injured

http://enschede.freeyellow.com/page4.html pictures

http://enschede.freeyellow.com/page3.html movies

The smoke was even picked up by the weather stations:

http://www.vwkweb.nl/index.html?http://www.vwkweb.nl/weereldnieuws/dossierEnschede.html

this is a link site about the disaster. It is in dutch but if you search for BBC you will find some english info there.

http://enschede-ramp.pagina.nl/

I was working for a asbestos research laboratory in amsterdam at the time and we were asked to go to the site and join the army of personel that did the asbestos handpicking on day two. I declined because I didn't feel like going through the area and possibly comming across body parts or stuff like that. And of cours it would have been emotionally very taxing.

Now three years later people can handle the jokes like the news about a new movie called "Indepenschede"" (it sounds allmost like independance day if you pronounce it in dutch).

what is the highest structure in Enschede? the curb.

Why did the queen cry when she visited the site? she missed the fireworks.

xander

Guest BigWhyteDude

wow, i cant help but wonder what the camera man was thinking after that first blast. From the looks of it that shock wave it could HAVE killed him. man i thought i was bad with fireworks. And why would you build a fire works factory near a neighborhood? :shock: wow.

Andrew

I really wonder if the guy survived that last blast. That was insane. It is sad though. Too many people hurt and 22 too many dead.

If you want to experience something like that without having to worry about the fire, make some dry ice bombs. Two or three of those going off at the same time will really make you feel it in the gut and chest. I may have disliked my physics teacher, but we did have some fun. :twisted:

i think that first camera man got killed when it exploded too. look at how close he was to the first fireworks.

If you want to experience something like that without having to worry about the fire, make some dry ice bombs. Two or three of those going off at the same time will really make you feel it in the gut and chest. I may have disliked my physics teacher, but we did have some fun.

how do you make those?

I used to do something similar. It's called a Works bomb. You use toilet bowl cleaner with hydrochloric acid, comonly found in The Works toilet bowl cleaner. You put a bunch of aluminum foil strips inside a 2 liter bottle and then add The Works. Cap it up, shake it, set it down and listen for the boom. Cops did a few tests on the news and said they have the power of a stick of dynamite.

It got pretty crazy around here when I was little. People started making Works bombs and putting them inside mail boxes (Man those things took off in the sky!), and then there were the idiots that put nails and BB's inside them to see what happened when they exploded. I think you can figure out what happened to these morons.

!M!

I used to do something similar. It's called a Works bomb. You use toilet bowl cleaner with hydrochloric acid' date=' comonly found in The Works toilet bowl cleaner. You put a bunch of aluminum foil strips inside a 2 liter bottle and then add The Works. Cap it up, shake it, set it down and listen for the boom. Cops did a few tests on the news and said they have the power of a stick of dynamite.

It got pretty crazy around here when I was little. People started making Works bombs and putting them inside mail boxes (Man those things took off in the sky!), and then there were the idiots that put nails and BB's inside them to see what happened when they exploded. I think you can figure out what happened to these morons.

!M![/quote']

ahh the memories. I asked my biochem teacher what the gas is that was released and he said it would be almost pure hydrogen. After knowing that I wanted to tape a model rocket electric ignition to the side of the 2 liter bottle and ignite it just before explosion :D :D Ahh the stupid things you do when your young.

Phyte