HybridZ

Was this nissan ever sold in the US

Xander

I used to own a nissan sunny coupe and was thinking that maybe the seats will be nice in my 260Z. I will try to locate one in a junkyard (shouldn't be to dificult).

But I was wondering if it was ever sold in the US.

here's a picture from my album:

album_pic.php?pic_id=2367

It was a rather nice car. It had a 1.6 liter 12 valve engine that was very smooth. Not very powerfull but fast enough. Don't think about siting in the back for long though. A friend of mine also had one. We ones went to euro disney with that car. On the way back I fell asleep in the back (folden double). That was the fastest 350 miles ever. Closed my eyes in Paris and when I opened them I was near Amsterdam. :-D

To bad He parked it backwards in a ditch at high speed though. Car was totaled but even worse. His girlfriend wass upset.

xander

Hey cool!

I used to have one of those, 1987 Nissan Sentra Hatchback. it was a really fun little car, and kept going and going, which was a big surprise considering that I only paid 700$ for it! (and with the rear seats down you could carry two S30 fenders, a fourspeed trans, and four SOHC heads. )(and if so inclined, you could go for a quicky in the back too!) :oops:

I really miss that car and hope that my X is taking good care of it. somehow though, I seriously doubt that. :roll:

wish I could find another one in that price range.

here is one on autotrader.com:

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=148454895&dealer_id=3532380&car_year=1987&make=NISSAN&distance=any&max_price=&model=SENTRA&advcd_on=n&end_year=1988&min_price=&certified=n&address=78148&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1987&color=&cardist=1781

On the tangent of seats - my next project is to find a good pair of JY buckets, and re-cover them with Katskin

http://www.katzkin.com/SITE/HTML/index.html

Or another company's similar product leather seat covers.

My buddy mike did this with a pair of mid-90's Dodge Intrepid buckets in his 240Z. They are big, but very comfy.

The stock buckets in my 300ZX are nearly flat, I don't know if they ever had bolsters, but anything would be an improvement