HybridZ

C5 Vette... Looks like I'm gonna buy one...

Mikelly

Guys, I've got several "GooD" deals lined up to purchase a vette... Can't believe how inexpensive some of them are... Anyway, I have found one locally with some higher miles on it for really cheap, at $18500, and with 6 speed, AHS, Traction control, leather, power everything, and new tires. Guy is gonna buff a few scratches out of the paint, and I'm gonna test drive it and we're gonna go from there...

If that one falls through, There is one in Utah that is modified... 97 with an LS1 motor Dyno'ed at 358HP and 358FT# torque at the wheels... Penski double adjustable shocks, Baer racing brakes, Mallet custom wheels... Headers, LS6 intake, tons of other stuff... Very nice, for about $23000, but I'd have to have it shipped... It is also an auto, which I'm not tickled about... But the parts and the records on his race history are impressive.

There is another in Va. Beach, which is a 2000 model, which is a targa as well, loaded, with lower miles... About 54000, but it is also and auto... They want $20500 for it... Pretty cheap for the level of performance...

Decisions decisions!

Mike :D

There is

Actually I was pleasently surprised... $200 more per year than our Mustang GT... GOnna be $900 annually full coverage, with $250 deductable!

Joe, Not likely... I'm already in contact with Greenwood about a body kit... I'm gonna look into some LS1 mods as well.

I could very easily get wrapped up in a Corvette project... Something modern would be very cool...

Mike

mike...

if it was me.... 6 speed!!!! i couldn't justify paying more for an auto, even if it was modded and had less miles.....a. i'm a gearhead and miles don't scare me, and b.isn't it more fun to do the mods yourself? either way i'm excited for you, those cars rock....bob

Mike, I just thought I would throw this one out. My Dad asked me to sell his 2000 Convertible Vette last night. It is Blue with a white top and is loaded. It is a Auto though (personally I would get a six speed). He is looking to get 30K for his. It only has 20,000 miles on it.

Also there is a Lingenfelter LS1 on Ebay (not a Vette just the engine)

I'm pretty much sure I'm getting the Pewter colored higher mileage car... based on the conversation I had with the guy last night...

Also, Someone made a comment in an earlier thread about the LS1 NOT coing in 97-98 Vettes... That isn't the case... All C5 Vettes came with the LS1 motor...

I JUST bought a set of the thin spoke 5 stars for the car and I don't even own it yet... I need helP! :D

Mike

Oh trust me... I'm NOT buying the auto version...

...And yes, it is nice being able to afford a 20K car... But I'm 37 years old and this 20K USED car is the nicest (and most expensive) car I will have owned to date. I've always had several cheap cars and the Z to tinker with.

Mike 8)

Well it looks as if I won't have the car before late next week now... My loan officer is moving like molases and the guy with the Vette has had a rough time getting the car into his friends shop to have it buffed.

So probably next weekend will be the timeframe... And next Saturday I'm teaching a bicycle maintenance class from 11-5pm, which will impact my little Vette purchase event even further...

Sheesh...

Mike

There is a 98 indianapolis 500 pace vette with 82,000 miles for $23,000.

It is missing the side logo's though, and the seats aren't yellow.

Don't know if all came with yellow seats.

The car is located on deal's on wheels in el camino real. (sanjose cali)

I think you can work on the price since you deal with owners and not sales man.

Oh trust me Don, We have a deal... It isn't going anywhere. Stopped by and saw it today... Sitting out in the SNOW! The guy has told all other comers to piss off AND I'm giving him $500 more than he asked for him to hold it... It will be mine by mid week next week. :D

If not, I do have two others lined up to look at... Just incase! :wink:

Mike

Uh it's David, Mick hahaha

Anyway Mike good deal!!! I was looking at a covertible last year 6 speed vs. auto was making my head hurt. Drove them both, liked them both hit the rev limiter in the 6-speed car though oops, dealer didn't car too much for that :D Ultimatly I'd take either, auto's are a bit cheaper though.

Then I came back down to earth and realized I need to finish up one car (the 240) before I get hooked on another, and I'm glad I did. Z's are nice, quick with the 350, but there has to be somthing said for new technology and newer cars. There is no way I'd drive my Z on a 4+ hour trip but a vette I would.

Enjoy!!!

David

I love it... Seems as the guy has been too busy, and we got hit with a heavy snow storm in the area this past weekend, causing him not to get to the shop to get tires put on the car or get the scratches buffed out... SO I called him today to inform him I'm ready to buy and have the funding approved... He asks if he can just knock off the difference of the tires and the buffing... Approx $600 worth of work... So I say SURE... 1999 Vette for $17900??? Absolutely... So I'm gonna test drive it on Thursday morning, go get the check and meet him at his credit union, and then get the title and go on to the DMV... Should have the car home and save by Thursday night.

Mike

The best laid plans...

So I get an e-mail this morning that Yesterday the guy puts the Vette in the shop to have an oil pressure sender replaced, oil changed and scratches buffed out of the rear quarter panel for me...

Car is still in the shop... I most likely WILL NOT pick it up today... :shock:

Mike :cry: