HybridZ

Other Badass cars....

majik16106

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to build a Volvo P1800ES (the hatchback one) with an SR20DET. This is the front end I want: [img']]

28.jpg

Way ahead of you...

The P1800 in the pictures was the car I drove through Highschool and my first year of college until the motor let go from the 100 mile a day trips. Right now its sitting in storage waiting on funding for its new heart. either a CA18DET, or a SR20DET.

but...The problem i find is that since im building it for my father, I want him to be able to take it to a volvo dealership to get it fixed instead of having to check a list of hybrid parts that his car has. Hes the type of person that likes to drive it and forget it.

so that gets me thinking about creating a Hybrid P1800 using only volvo parts. maybe from the C convertable, im talking suspension, brakes, drivetrain, and some of the interior.

The P1800 in the pictures is a 1962..vin number 2506! try calling the DMV to register that one...confuses the hell out of em. it was part of the trial production run that was built by Jenson under a three year contract to produce 10,000 from 1960-1963. Unforunatly, Volvo was not happy with the jenson coachworks, and extreamly upset with the South african assembler. Volvo cancled their contract with Jenson after only 6000 units. After that, they built their own production facility in sweden, and went back into production of the P1800S in 1964. Any P1800 built from 1964 on is an S model, designating of course...Sweden.

So thats the volvo 1800 lesson for today.

that civic's is cheese frogs... bad ass car if i say so...

and ppl is there any links to older ME E30's? i wanna read up on them.. i wanna drop a SR20DET or FJ motor in it.. :)

mike

I really want to build a Volvo P1800ES (the hatchback one) with an SR20DET. This is the front end I want: [img']]

28.jpg

Way ahead of you...

The P1800 in the pictures was the car I drove through Highschool and my first year of college until the motor let go from the 100 mile a day trips. Right now its sitting in storage waiting on funding for its new heart. either a CA18DET' date=' or a SR20DET.

but...The problem i find is that since im building it for my father, I want him to be able to take it to a volvo dealership to get it fixed instead of having to check a list of hybrid parts that his car has. Hes the type of person that likes to drive it and forget it.

so that gets me thinking about creating a Hybrid P1800 using only volvo parts. maybe from the C convertable, im talking suspension, brakes, drivetrain, and some of the interior.

The P1800 in the pictures is a 1962..vin number 2506! try calling the DMV to register that one...confuses the hell out of em. it was part of the trial production run that was built by Jenson under a three year contract to produce 10,000 from 1960-1963. Unforunatly, Volvo was not happy with the jenson coachworks, and extreamly upset with the South african assembler. Volvo cancled their contract with Jenson after only 6000 units. After that, they built their own production facility in sweden, and went back into production of the P1800S in 1964. Any P1800 built from 1964 on is an S model, designating of course...Sweden.

So thats the volvo 1800 lesson for today.[/quote']

I don't know how much heavier they are, but the turbo 2.3L 4 cylinders in the late 80's 7xx Volvos are very strong. My friend has 740 with only bolt ons and a custom exhaust, and it pulls pretty hard. The motor and turbo are on their way out too. He's getting smoke all over the place (but that's with 215,000 miles and twice the amount of boost as stock).

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
Have you seen how fast that car is.

I wasnt referring to any one car in particular.

I just dont see how cars like these two belong in the same thread..

472192_8_full.jpg

472192_1_full.jpg

May the car Gods forgive me for putting them in the same post. :hail:

472192_8_full.jpg

472192_1_full.jpg

I appreciate every car for what it is, the gts and chevelle maybe 2 different cars, and these two are modded for completely different reasons, and thefore in my mind 2 completely different kinds of badass. And my thread was about badass cars, whats wrong with mixing imports and old school muscle.. if im not mistaken, thats really why this whole website was started in the first place... :wink:

I appreciate every car for what it is' date=' the gts and chevelle maybe 2 different cars, and these two are modded for completely different reasons, and thefore in my mind 2 completely different kinds of badass. And my thread was about badass cars, whats wrong with mixing imports and old school muscle.. if im not mistaken, thats really why this whole website was started in the first place... :wink:[/quote']

I couldnt have said it any better. It is wonderful to have an open mind.