HybridZ

GTO Project Finished

Guest 250z

Hi,

I got the kit from Classic Revival in Australia:

http://www.classicrevival.com.au/

If I was doing it again I would definatly choose the other type of bonnet as this one is a bit of a mission to get on and off.

The push buttton door and boot handles are MG boot handles, See attached picture (very rough sorry). The boot was just the MG boot handle attached to the Z boot lock's inside bit.

The engine is an RB25DET there are heaps of topics on RB engines in the 6 Cly forum, but at a glance it's an Skyline R33 (94-97) 2.5L DOCH turbo, 250hp, 294Nm running 7psi standard

album_pic.php?pic_id=2505

Thanks,

Ivan

I have an MG boot lock on the boot (hatch) of my 280Z right now (original lock was broken). I think it looks cool. All I had to do was remove the arm from the original lock and bolt it to the MG lock. Then enlarge the hole to fit the MG lock and line everything up, then screw the locknut on. The only problem with that lock is that the threaded section isn't very long and wouldn't work through the door and the fibreglass doorskin. I'm surprised others don't do it.

How does your lock mount- flush, or inset? I have an idea on how to use it as a functional lock.

thx.

I cut the Z door indent out of the door and out of the door skin (about 200mm high x however long it was) welded a metal box in the hole in the door.

This box extended out almost to the outside of the doorskin, I then f-glassed over what was left gap wise.

Another note is you can't pull too hard on these handles or the thread will slip and the handle will come off! I tried a bit of glue to help with this but I don't give it too much stress but it's lasted.