HybridZ

JTR vs. Motor Sport V8 conv. kit

Guest jeff1216

Guest BigWhyteDude

if you mean JTR then i would say they are better. Thisis only my openion though. I say this simply b/c it allows for a more nutral weight distribution of the engine. It pushes it back close to the firewall. And i think it sits a little lower than the kit MSA sells. MSA's mounts are similar to the old scarab mounts. Nothing wronge with them either. With the JTR kit you have to modify the hood latch for dizzy clearance.

Andrew

The MSA kit positions the motor somewhere between the Scarab and the JTR kit. It is a compromise that gives you somewhat better weight distribution than the Scarab but still allows you to use full length headers. With JTR it's blockhuggers only. Like JTR it also comes with a modified hood latch for distributor clearance.

If you are planning on using a manual overdrive tranny, T5 or T56, I'd recommend the JTR kit for better shifter placement.

Guest jeff1216

I meant to say JTR.................I bought a motor that is a new rebuild....Complete with a set of new $300.00 long headers..................I guess instead of scrapping the headers that I should go with the MS.....

Any other input??

I am going to place an order today

Jeff

I went with the JTR kit on my car. If I was starting over again I would buy the JTR manual, use the JTR radiator & lower rad mount but use the MSA engine and trans brackets. I would also use a modified TH200R4 trans in place of the T56 I am using. The whole conversion would be easier and less expensive. Just my .02

I used the MSA kit to install my 350 sbc and T5 trans/bellhouing. The shifter comes right up in the hole and using a B&M shifter corrects the bellhousing 15 deg. offset. You can see photos of the mounts at my web site below.

Miles