HybridZ

tranny drive shaft removal

Guest storm280z

Guest storm280z

ive been trying to remove my drive shaft bolts for like 3 days. i think to bolt are almost shot. how do i removal the drivesahft from the tranny. i see no bolts or anything.if i disconnect the tranny from the motor an pull the tranny out will the driveshaft slide out of the tranny?

Guest storm280z

still can get the driveshaft off. is it possible to unbolt the tranny from the block, while the motor is still in the car. and then pull the motor out . then it will give me room to slide the tranny of the driveshaft. or is this harder than is sounds? has anyone done this be for?, if so is there any kind of problems or complacations that i should look out for.

So you got the bolts off of the rear end Diff Yoke? If not you have to to get the rear of the drive shaft free. Once the 4 bolts are gone, lower the shaft down and you should be able to slide it out of the tranny. You don't want to drop the tranny w/out the motor, looooots of work and headache. Short of this you can get your sawzall out make two cuts into the driveshaft so that it is broken up into thirds. the front pc should slide right out! Not sure if you can reuse the shaft but it will be out.

Good luck. :)

still can get the driveshaft off. is it possible to unbolt the tranny from the block, while the motor is still in the car. and then pull the motor out . then it will give me room to slide the tranny of the driveshaft. or is this harder than is sounds? has anyone done this be for?, if so is there any kind of problems or complacations that i should look out for.

I dont get it. Now the main question is WHY doesnt it come out? Did you remove all bolt/nut combos on the rear of the driveshaft? Please provide more info on why it wont come out. Now if you removed the bolt/nut combos on the rear of the trans, then get a 2 pound hammer and tap the flange, it may be rusted on there. You cannot remove the trans with the engine still bolted up to motor mounts. The driveshaft will not slide back far enough to clear the input shaft of the engine. You need to figure out why your driveshaft is not coming out, plain and simple. Any other way is mechanic suicide.

Guest storm280z

more info

sorry if that was unclear. i am goin to take the motor out first. the tranny is goin to be disconnected from the motor but still in the car. then will i be able to slide the driveshaft out of the tranny. the drive shaft will not come out b/c i can get the bolts off from the rear end.

hope that is a enough info for you

more info

sorry if that was unclear. i am goin to take the motor out first. the tranny is goin to be disconnected from the motor but still in the car. then will i be able to slide the driveshaft out of the tranny. the drive shaft will not come out b/c i can get the bolts off from the rear end.

hope that is a enough info for you

Its easy to twist those bolt/nuts. Like kc6wfs said, remove the sway bar. You are not far from pulling the driveshaft.