HybridZ

Spec on my CCW's.. does this sound correct?

Guest ON3GO

Hey guys i just got off the phone with John from CCW.

here is what he told me.

17inch 3 peice wheels.

Front - 17x9, 5 1/4 backspacing, 6mm offset ?

Rear - 17x10 1/2, 5 backspacing, -19mm offset..

does that sound correct on the backspacing and offset?

i also found out my rear wheels are 10 1/2 inchs wide, i asked for 10inch but thats ok :).

thanks

mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest freakypainter

Offset is the relation between the center of the wheel and where it mounts to the car. 0 offset means that the moutning point of the wheel is exactly center. +40 offset means that the mounting point is 40mm to the outside of the center of the wheel. -13 offset means that the mounting point is 13mm to the inside of the center of the wheel. Backspacing is the distance from the inside lip to the mounting point. If you have a 10 inch wide wheel with 0 offset you will have 5 inch backspace, +40 offset (fwd style) will give you 6.5 inch backspace, -13 offset will give you 4.5 inch backspace.

When I had Kodiak build my 10" wide wheels I specified a 5" backspace and ignored offset. The same was true when I ordered a set from Monocoque years ago and CCW years before that.

John, how did the weights work out on the Kodiak wheels? Were yours with his prior billet centres or newer forged centres? Just curious...

And I totally agree, with a custom wheel specifying offset is by far easiest to make sure you get exactly the strut to wheel relation you specify (critical clearance for most). For those curious on difference etc, new non-custom order wheels typically are specified with offsets as owners are fitting up and wanting to typically keep the same centerline/wheel location..Xtreme Z's throw that out the window often.

The backspacing sounds about right. Nearly every custom made wheel I've had was with a 5" BS after the coilover install, which left about 1/2 to 5/8" between the section width of the tire and the spring/strut assembly. But won't the 5-1/4 BS on the fronts get pretty close to the spring/strut assembly or am I just splitting hairs here?