HybridZ

BRE stripes on my Z? yes or no?

Guest ON3GO

i was thinking of doing BRE stripes on my Z.

think it will look good?

the car will all be the color it is now, the green, but the hood will be carbon fiber and im not sure what color to paint the ZG over fenders..

i know on the BRE cars the whole top of the car was a different color and the stripes were coming from that top color, but do you guys think it would look cool if the stripes came from the hood instead?

also what color stripes? a gloss black or flat black? or maybe something thats not very glossy but not to much...

another thing i was thinking was maybe that stripes could be made out of some carbon fiber vinyl to match the hood or just black vinyl... so if it doesnt look good i can just take them off.

is that rice?

also no lettering or should i have datsun spelled out like the real BRE cars?

what you guys think?

mike

Sounds interesting, but I don't think it would look that good on a green car. If I were going to do something like that, believe me I've thought about this thousands of times, I would do the exact paint job from the BRE cars. I always thought it would be awesome to have a bre styled street z. But I still can't picture the green with black coming off the hood. Maybe you can try to photoshop something.

if i had photoshop i would give it a shot, im not sure of it either thats why i asked.

i might be ok.

my green is pretty different, pictures cant really show it off.

its bright, with alot of yellow in it and white.. werid stuff

mike

I think that the green w/ black BRE stripes would be slick. I would make them flat black. I say go for it!

I really would like the BRE paint on my car, but with a blue and red that are a little deeper, or metalic, not just plain red and blue. And I havn't decided on whether to put on the DATSUN in the stripes, since it will be V* powered.

We have a Cowtown Z Club member that has the BRE stripes on his 280Z. His car color is a rare Ford color similar to the Viper blue. His BRE stripes are white. It looks fine. Go out to your car and tape some white butchers paper stripes on it on one side and black ones on the other and make your decision from there. Whatever looks good to you should be what you go with.

Guest 1975yellowBSPZ

The Green Mach1 mustangs looked great with silver stripes, I'll bet silver BRE stlye vinyl stripes with black spoiler etc would look great. Just my 2 cents.

I think that the green w/ black BRE stripes would be slick. I would make them flat black. I say go for it!

I totally agree with this--even gloss black will also look cool and match the glossy green paint as well. Do what RacerX tells you to do.

Davy

Guest HBskinheadZ

Please post pics, I just bought a 5/71 that is orig forest green and have been trying to think of some good paint schemes. This will be my autocross car and I would like to keep it green, any of you photoshop guys chime in.

A cool trick I have seen are stripes painted in the same color of your car with metalic flake mixed in the paint. So when the paint is in the sun you can see the BRE stripes.

Yup, pretty much what I did. I have a stripe down the middle of my car, starting at the point of the power bulge on the hood, and rounding out at the bottom of the rear spoiler. Just mixed up the same color paint, but without the aluminum mixed in. It is completely invisible until direct sunlight hits it.

Tim

Actually Mike, it's only one stripe. And, until I can give the car a good wash and wax, I highly doubt that the camera will pick up the subtle change in color.

It basically starts at the point of the bulge (the top bodyline) and runs the width of the bulge all the way to the back and ends at the bottom rear of the spoiler, before it would go into the rear panel.

Tim

• 2 years later...
Guest brisk1961

I am considering adding BRE paint stripes to my white 73 240z and need some help. Does anyone have the details of size and paint for the original John Morton BRE 240Z? I want it to look exactly as it did on his car. I know rc's240z successfully created a relica. I think I saw it last year at the MSA Z Car National's. Awesome job on the car. Anyway I really need help on paint codes and sizes for the stripes.

Guest brisk1961

Yes, as close as possible. I just want to do the fender stripes and DATSUN logo, both sides. I haven't located the paint codes or dimensions. Your help would be much appreciated.