HybridZ

1mm, 2mm or stock nissan head gasket?

Ivan280zt

Hey guys i am just wondering what compression do you get when u use 1mm metal head gasket and what do you get when u use 2mm metal head gasket on l28t? i can get a used 1mm for $50 or should i just use a stock oem nissan head gasket which also goes for about $50 brand new. please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Ivan

Just out of principle i would just get the oem nissan headgasket.

2mm is too much on stock l28et engine, would bring cr down to 6.99 or maybe 7 flat. Its already too low for me, would want to see it get lower.

2mm is for higher cr turbo engine to me, like flatop f54/p90 to cut down cr a notch and add strength.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I use Fel-Pro head gaskets, they are alot stronger than a factory unit. If your bring on some real high boost ARP head studs may be a good idea.

I love the metal head gaskets. If you have the opportunity to grab a 1mm for $50, then do it. They can be reused over and over again. The new Nissan jobber is ~1.2mm crushed and the Felpro is 1mm crushed as well. I'd use the metal one, hands down.

Hey didnt mean to sound like a purist from that first post, I just like to use new parts and if that was the choice I would have used an oem, or felpro headgasket. I prefer the steel ones too, but I honestly would pay the 150 just for a new part. Probably go head studs on next setup, I wouldnt have any regrets about reusing that system.

I don't know how much Felpro holds. I'm all for Nissan unit as the sealing rings are larger than Fel pro if I remember right. But mostly, the HG sealing is in the prep. If the head and the bloack is true, it'll seal good.

AS far as the HKS metal HG, I doubt mine is ever going to come off unless I break my pistons or something. :D I recommend it for those who do not want a worry.

Over 15 psi with stock headgasket and bolts, plenty of time over 20, and lots of passes over 22psi with no issues, until now.

So 6 years. Pure abuse, plain and simple, not going to lie about it.

This time, HKS 2mm, and ARP studs, that baby is not going to ever blow.

Of course my block is decked, and the head has been trued.

Hey guys sorry for replying this late (i got info that i needed) but it turns out that its 2mm gasket so i dont know if thats way too low for l28t? does anyone know what compression do you get with 2mm gasket?

Cody

which h/gasket are you running?

Ivan

That should give you around 7:1 compression. Your off boost would be crappy. I'm not sure how that would affect you under boost though.

I need another 2mm gasket, used is OK 8)

If you don't use it, or if anyone else has one, lemme know. :D