HybridZ

The poor man's rear toe-in adjuster

I suppose it depends on what kind of mounts you're using. If you're using a RT mount and poly bushings, there might be enough movement to cause problems, but I think it's a sure thing if you're using stock rubber.

How about notching the brace, or plugging the stock vent and drilling a different hole in the cover and running the vent somewhere else?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have in the poly bushings and I am running the RT mount. As far as the vent goes, I took out the original and inserted a nylon hose so it would have some flexibility. I just need to figure out a place to stick the hose or find a filter for the end. My cross brace is welded lower then yours so you probably have more clearance then I do in that area.

There should be very little fore/aft movement of the differential (inertia from braking or accerlation). The differential will twist on a longitutinal axis, and/or a lateral axis as the result of torque forces though, but this does not translate into fore/aft movement.