HybridZ

california smog update

randy 77zt

since i am a smog tech i get news on the computor screen when i smog a car.good news 1975 cars are exempt this year.bad news-all cars are still supposed to have ALL original equipment under the hood.so try to avoid those road side inspections.have only seen them 1 time here in central ca.stopped to bs with them.supervisor said they were out of riverside-your tax dollars at work paying for workers 300 miles from home.i have heard they hang out by drag strips in socal.if you trailer your car take the plates off-then its a race car.stay away from where the kiddies with hondas hang out.also tune your car so it doesnt smoke-there is an 800 number that tree huggers can call to complain.still no excuse to not keep car tuned well-you want to burn those hc's that you paid for.

Guest bastaad525

kewl... 280z's are fair game now... on average far cheaper than 240's and now they have one of the 240's biggest benefits (weight, no smog) very very cool.

kewl... 280z's are fair game now... on average far cheaper than 240's and now they have one of the 240's biggest benefits (weight, no smog) very very cool.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:

:D

:D

Ive heard in Socal the smog police actually have some kind of intermittant checkpoint deal? Im fairly certain theres nothing like that in Norcal, I think half the cars on the road would be toast!

Ive heard in Socal the smog police actually have some kind of intermittant checkpoint deal? Im fairly certain theres nothing like that in Norcal' date=' I think half the cars on the road would be toast![/quote']

SCAQMD used to do it periodically, but with the current State budget crisis, it will be years, if not decades before they can afford to do it again. They will more likely do something from their a$$es in an office somewhere (legislatively).

Tim