HybridZ

For those looking for HKS cam spocket

yo2001

Actually, according to their site:

Alamo Motorsports

839 E New Haven Avenue

Melbourne, FL 32901-5458

I was thinking it was Alamo Autosports in Irving, but knew that company didn't carry such an inventory. The phone number clued me in.

The big question for me is, why $40 more then any other car.

I have the aluminum one on my little Turbo Corolla:

39750493.jpg

You don't have to worry about stripping the bolt they will take alot of torque and I have never had a slippage problem.

The reason there is not one on the intake side is due to the factory VVTL-i mechanicals built into the gear.

I would like to see the one for the L28 and wonder if it is aluminum, probably steel as its chain versus belt drive.

just so you know for an l28 the hks sproket looks nothing like the pictures above. they don't have degree markings at all , they don't even line up with the #1 hole. the sprocket is not painted . i'm sorry if i seem negative at all. I personally have one installed in my turbo model and love it. they are alittle expensive but very well built. There will be no possible way to strip a bolt because it uses 4 studes and nuts with lock washer. well hope that no ones mad at me. just didn't want you to think that they sent you the wronge part. by the way alamo auto sport in arlington tx sells them. The owners name is brice

• 3 weeks later...

I bought mine through Stillen. I like the part, but it has no degree marks, and yes the hole for the dowel pin is in the wrong spot. I drilled mine to get it closer. The part works well, and it has not slipped at all. The one thing I did not like was the star washers, when you tighten and losen up the nuts a few times, the star washer destroys the nut. I did a mod to mine and used a flair type nut and that has worked out well, I did have to modify the washer so I could get a socket on the nuts.

I used a degree wheel on my cam the second time I had it apart and it was off about two crnk degrees, maybe because of chain stretch, maybe not.

I would not say it is easy to make adjustments with, but for me it was the best way. I did it while I had the oil pan off the car, and made sure to make the crank degree tab was totally correct to make it easier next time.

I like the part, but not having the drgree notches makes it a pain in the butt.