HybridZ

Wheel choice (Work Chicano!)=Rice or Nice (on 83 ZXT)

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

The following link has a picture group for a wheel style from Work (JAPAN) which I tend to like for its retro/modern architecture, but am wondering if they'll import too much of a rice boy flavor for my 280ZXT.

http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/index/lsled/lsled.html Any opinions would be welcome, as they ain't cheap, but vil they vork, assthetically?!!?

Thanks

John

Guest jjohart

Well, ahem, guess no one appreciates a wheel which is as decadently reflective as a funhouse mirror, or one with a center which roughly approximates an areola and nipple (needs anodizing, nipplehead!).

Anyway, whas' up with this Centerline style..it is the only 16'' wheel still in stock for a Z (though they warn me I need to change springs/shocks to avoid rubbing issues in 16'' by 7''!) other than the ubiquitous Panasport...

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/view_wheel_deals.php?id=137

Desperate sizes call for desperate choices! Flame on, I prefer a straight fight!

John-83 280ZXT (retro/modern daily driver/classic-wannabe!? candy/gum?peanut butter/chocolate, etc, etc) :oops:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Those wheels are a good example of how to screw up disc brakes. The only reason you could use wheels like that on classic hot rods and such is because they were drum brakes and werent nearly in the same need of ventalation as disc brakes. If you put those on your Z, you had better be ready to loose a huge amount of braking ability.

I, for one, dont think they look half bad. They dont look half good either. They would look better than some of the other wheels I have seen selected, but that doesnt matter because it would be very unwise to use them. If you really like that look, just try to find something with the same contours with openings, they will look just like those wheels while you are moving if you get the contours right.

Guest jjohart

Uh, what's a Moonie? Up here near Boston, there's a seafishing town called Gloucester which is full of them, they're adherents to the church of Syun Yung Moon, marry in groups of 2-4,000 at a single ceremony, and live and fish in abject poverty compared to their holy benefactor, whom, they believe, is god on earth!

I guess I went to the Work site to find wheels that worked, but most of them would look better on a BMW 5 series or similar(i.e make-believe BBS). As I have said before, there's scant product for Z's that come in 16's, and I still think those Chicano styles are the best looking of what Work has to offer...but then, I can see why they're technically inefficient at brake ventilation, unless there's a hidden slit!

Bugger off

John

Just personal opionion here, but if they aren't Mililite(Panasport), BBS basket/Mesh, or Turbine type, I just haven't got the desire for it on my Z...

Turbine types will be too small unless I could find some 0 offset 15/16 X7 or 8 in a 5 lug pattern.

I am leaning toward Panasports myself...