HybridZ

[b]Whew! 5 States and 36hrs driving and my new baby is home.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

After buying it over a week ago and missing a reasonably priced transport to Tulsa I just said screw it and went and picked her up myself. I hope the other interested party that offered to buy it from me at a profit is not on this board. If so I'm sorry I couldn't let this one go. It is as far as I can tell the most rust free 32year old Z I have seen to date other than the one's Nissan is restoring. I will attach a link to the guys page where I got it if there is a car you are looking for he can find it. He deals in some odd stuff but his primary goal is RUST FREE, He is from Michigan originally and he knows how hard it is to find a clean body anywhere but the southwest.

This was a lifelong California Car and it only made it's way to Las Vegas in the last couple of months. I feel like I stole this car as it is running and has around 69000 original miles and it pur's like a kitten. Saddly I am not planning on using any of the drivetrain in the ground up build of this car so If there is anyone who needs a like new I6 with a E88 head and dual Round top SU's let me know. I will let it go really reasonable.

His Name is Cary Huff and he is a super nice guy so if you are looking for a Rust free Z give him a call and I bet he can find you one.

http://www.rustfreecars.com/1972Datsun240Z.html

I'll post pic's as I go forward with my RB25det240z Hybrid.

Jeff

Guest Aguyandaredhead

It was repainted a few years ago. Original color was Orange, Sad but that is all comming off as well. Full bare metal prep for paint is on it's way..Once I get the parts car of the rotissorie...

Thanks for the Prop's

Jeff

Guest Rusty260z

Thats awesome man.....we need to hang out and talk z's sometime....I'm in Bristow right now...but moving to Tulsa in a week.

OH....and yah....hit me up with some details on this stock power plant.....I'm restoring my 260 w/ daily driving in mind....and need something reliable for the course of its restoration so it can get itself around.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Hey Ben, you bet drop me a line when you get moved, I would love to chat about Z's. This is my 4th and I have totally restored 2 of them.. This will by far be the most advanced. I also have a few buddies who are into racing ITS Z's. The block is a L24 and it has a E88 head with dual Su's ( round top) purs like a kitten but it could use all new vacume lines and any rubber lines as it did live in the heat most of its life. basically anything rubber is dry and brittle..Heck make me an offer I am just going to take it out, Oh yea it has a 4 speed in it.. 45 PSI or so oil pressure and does not run hot. It looks like it does not even have an oil leak one..

Bill, Yea made it OK, I was supose to be having it put on a transport but that guy fell through and it was going to cost a little more to use DAS auto shipping so I said the hell with that ROAD TRIP so off we were. The drive was longgggg and Iwas glad to be home.. I got her started and drove it around a little tonight just to say I did but the batt is almost bad so I guess I will start to tear her down this weekend...By the way I found a Guy locally that will Zinc plate all the bolts on the car Black and he has a $50.oo min and he said it would take a hell of alot of them to reach that so it is gonna be like 50 for all the bolts I take him. He is even going to take the time to take them outa my labeled bags and as he wires them up to get them ready to plate he is going to keep them organized and then put them back into the same bags. All this in like 3 days from when I drop them off.. When you get a a free weekend drop me a PM or email and we can hook up and compare notes on our hybrid's..

That is pretty damn cheap for plating everything. Will have to keep that in mind, for my next car. This one is a driver!

I should be free this weekend, would love to see the car before you dig in, or while your digging. I plan on getting ahead on mine this weekend too, no plans other than staying home and finishing up my wiring and maybe running that fuel line, has been intimidating me a bit. I will give you a ring Sat morn? Actually, I have no plans tonight, wife will be out with her friends.

I tried sending you a PM but dunno if it took or not...